Chapter 27

"That was Peter Hale!" Scott exclaimed.

Blake scoffed. "There was no way that was Derek's crazy uncle."

"Blake, I'm telling you the truth," Scott begged. He looked over at Stiles from the passenger seat. "Stiles? Tell her it was Peter Hale."

Stiles looked at Blake in the rear view mirror. "It was Peter Hale."

"But he was too nice," Blake announced.

"That's what he wants you to think!"

"And mom was so excited to go on a date with him."

"They've pulled over!" Stiles exclaimed, pointing I front of him to the car ahead. They had been following Peter's car ever since he left Blake's house. Scott wanted to make sure that he didn't do anything to his mom.

Stiles pulled over behind Peter and Melissa and hit the back of their car. Blake ducked down out of sight while Scott ran around the back of the jeep making sure to be hidden from their mom.

"Oh, are you kidding me? Stiles!" Melissa shouted once she got out of the car.

"Mrs. McCall?" Stiles questioned innocently.

Melissa nodded furiously. "Yes!"

"Wow, this is, this is just crazy. What a coincidence, huh?"

Melissa laughed sarcastically before looking at the damage that Stiles' jeep had done to Peter's car. Peter leaned against the side of his car as he watched everything play out.

"I mean, I do not know what happened!" Stiles gasped, throwing his arms into the air. "You guys just came out of nowhere."

"Came out of nowhere! We were parked on the side of the road, Stiles!"

"How crazy is that? I mean, we should probably call the cops, you know, do like an accident report thing."

"I don't think that's necessary," Peter joined in.

"Are you sure? I think I'm feeling a little whiplash," Stiles added, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Whiplash? You hit us!"

"I don't know. There's something definitely wrong with my neck."

Scott groaned, pulling out the mattress on his bed as he searched for his phone. Blake rummaged through the mess on his floor but she came up with nothing.

"Call it again," Scott ordered Stiles. Stiles sighed.

"It's not here. Okay, so you lost your phone. Why don't you just get a new one?"
"I can't afford a new one. And I can't do this alone," Scott explained. "We have to find Derek."

"Well, 'A', you're not alone. You have Blake and I. And 'B', didn't you say Derek walked into gunfire? He sounds pretty dead."

Earlier that day, Scott had went to Derek's in an attempt to stop Jackson from getting hurt, however, things went horribly wrong. The Argents showed up and shot at Scott and Derek. Scott got seriously hurt but Derek saved him. Derek then walked right into gunfire which Blake couldn't wrap her mind around.