05| My First Kiss

D A I S Y 

My first kiss was what made every dirty mean comment a girl threw at me, unfortunately true.

For the first few weeks after I caught Wilde jacking off we both pretended it didn't happen. Wilde got back together with his on-again-off-again girlfriend Cecile, I broke up with Troy. At first, we both tried to avoid going back to Wilde's room. It made what happen between us a far more vivid memory. Eventually, Wilde and I noticed how uncomfortable our conversations began when his parents walked in and found us in the living room, dining room or the gardens.

Sometimes, his parents would chase us out of that room, a little annoyed. Often telling Wilde to go back to his room. Within a week, we found ourselves in Wilde's room. Both of us pretended nothing happened. Soon, it became easy to push that incident behind us though I still kept thinking about it, wondering what it felt like and thinking of him.

Things had returned to normal between us and any air of awkwardness between us had passed and I didn't want to ruin our friendship by bringing it back up. 

Till, I found out he kissed her.

He kissed Cecile.

And I was fucking jealous.

"I heard you kissed Cecile," I said casually, lying down on his bed. 

Wilde was reading a book, his eyes were sharp when they turned to look at me. "Yeah, I did. How'd you know?"

"Cecile bragged about it in the locker room."

Wilde flushed.

When he didn't look like he was going to respond, I asked him, "Why didn't you tell me?"

"Well, it was a little awkward and I didn't want to brag about it."

I got a little annoyed. Moving towards him, I pulled the book away from his hand glaring at him. "We're best friends, we tell each other everything." I said.

"You took my book!" Wilde's eyes were on his book, several feet away and on the edge of his bed.

"You're avoiding the question."

"Fine, since we tell each other everything you never told me when you kissed Troy!" Wilde snapped.

I flushed, more embarrassed than angry "I didn't kiss him."

"You guys dated for a year."

"Yeah and we never kissed." The space between us, between our lips had shrunk considerably than when this conversation first started. My eyes flickered down glancing at his lips, trying not to think about what a good kisser Cecile said he was.

"So, you've never kissed anyone?" Wilde asked, voice softer.

I closed my eyes. I could imagine his breath fanning my skin. It was enough to send shivers down my spine. "Never."

I feel him move away from me and then this hole forms, a hole that existed since my parents had left me. "Could you teach me how to kiss?" I asked opening my eyes to look at Wilde.

He looked a little stunned, then his eyes glanced at my lips before he looked away. "I don't know how."

"But you know how to kiss," I persisted. I leaned in, and I felt his breathing hitch.

"Are you sure?" He asked. He looked frozen. I glanced at eyes trying to figure out if he wanted to kiss me, searching for an answer. I wasn't sure if I was projecting my desires and dreams on him but he looked like he wanted to kiss me.

I nodded.

His fingers went to touch my neck, then slowly, painfully slow he leaned in.

There wasn't much distance left between us to begin with. So I felt his lips touch mine far too quickly. His lips were a soft touch on mine and they were pulling away before I really got a feel of it. It was so brief that my eyes were still closed when he pulled away. I was straining to recall the brief sensation of his lips on mine but to no avail. I opened my eyes a little too late to see Wilde watching me.

I schooled my features to one of annoyance. "That didn't count as a kiss," I whispered.

Wilde's lips broke into a grin, and he laughed. "Fine, but you need to relax."

"I'm relaxed," I said stiffly.

"Daisy."

"Okay." I moved back a bet, trying to force myself to relax which was a lot easier said than done. Wilde sat up, watching me curiously.  

"Come on, let me help," He said. 

I looked at him questioningly.

"First, close your eyes." I followed his instructions, trying to push back a scoff. Then I felt his fingers gently touch my neck. I stiffened when he did. Very aware of his fingers on my skin, the way they burned it as though it were on fire. Wilde didn't move or speak and slowly I found myself relaxing, easing into the security and comfort of his touch. 

It felt like a minute later when his hand was guiding my neck and then I felt his lips gently touch mine, he pressed it gently, pressing light kisses on my lips till they slowly relaxed. His lips grabbed my lower lip pulling it in his mouth. Then I was kissing him back, following his lead as he kissed me. His fingers were gently massaging my neck. He moved back a little too soon, his fingers relaxing on my neck. 

Instinctively, my fingers found their way to his neck, pulling him to me, trying to stop him from stopping the kiss. I felt his breath fan on my lips. His forehead touched mine, then he leaned back in continuing the kiss. 

I don't know how long we kissed but it felt like the hole in me wasn't so big and gaping. I felt whole and when we both finally broke back from that kiss, hearts racing. I knew I never wanted that feeling to stop.

Our eyes met, and I couldn't stop the grin that made it's way up my face. "Cecile's right, you are a good kisser."

Wilde's eyes glazed over a little then they widened. I too, realised my mistake a little too late.

Cecile.