Chapter 10

Hey Guys I know I suck because I haven't updated in awhile and I'm so sorry about that I just had finals, the a new york trip, and now christmas so I have been very very very busy. I also would like to say that if you have anything bad to say about the book I am fine with it I know I have to go through and correct things but I'm going to get to that when I have a second to actually sit down and go through it. IF you have something bad to say go ahead I don't care and most of the time I laugh because the people who say rude things haven't even written a book so haters gonna hate and I'm fine with it but I will kept writing.  I do want to say thank you to every one who has read Chairs. I never thought it would become anything hahaha so I want to thank everyone for reading and supporting me :).  So anyway ill shut up now and let you all read what you have been waiting for. 

"Everything changed. He only came down when we were sleeping to put some food in our laps and untie our hands so we could eat once a day. This went on for two months. The girls and I didn't talk. There was nothing to say. Only 'bless you's' from sneezing because of the cold. Everyday my feet and hands grew more numb then the last. I would try to move them around but the straps didn't help. I always tried to listen for him. See if he was even in the house. Every once in awhile you would hear a floor board creek. The only time we really heard anything was a week after the whole fork incident. The slamming of the front door woke us up. We waited. There was mumbling, then yelling. Glass broke and what sounded like something hard hit the floor. Then there was silents. Next came the sound of something was being dragged across the floor. A few faint clicking noises then a  door slamming shut. That was it. A few moments later we heard the door open, foot steps, then the door to the basement opened. Alex came in without a word or smile. Just a blank look, as if he were a robot. He walked over the Emily's chair and bent down in front of her. He looked at her for a minute and smiled. He put a few small strands of hair behind her ears and said, "Mommies here to pick you up baby." Emily didn't say or do anything. I think she knew daddy did something to mommy. Alex unbuckled her ankles and wrists, took her by the hand and walked over to the stairs. As they walked up the few steps, Emily turned around and waved goodbye. Alex opened the door only a small bit and walked out with Emily. As soon as the door shut, there was a piercing scream and then silents. Just silents. I didn't really want to know what happened. I didn't really want to know anything. If I sat here in this chair and thought about Emily and the scream and glass and the thud. I would go crazy. I would lose it. I would be Audrey. 

Audrey was losing it slowly. She would talk to herself more and more each day. She would cry about how the ants were all over her and the beetles in her mouth even though nothing but us and a few mice were in the basement. She would laugh for hours about the joke that Timmy in room 103 told her last night. Sometimes she would even bit herself. We had woken up one morning to the sound of Audrey giggling. Her giggles soon turned into a loud laugh that soon turned into a scream. After a few minutes she stopped and looked at me. "Halie," she spoke softly. "I cant do this."  Taylor, Dani and I looked at each other, this was the first time any of us has said a word in weeks. I cleared my throat, "What do you mean Audrey." She leaned forward, her eyes grew bigger. She whispered. "The quiet." A large, creepy smile spread across her face. "ITS TO FREAKING QUIET!" She screamed, Her head shot up "WHERE ARE YOU, YOU WORTHLESS PIECE OF CRAP!" She yelled to the ceiling. "DO IT ALREADY! WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR KILL ME! DO IT, DO IT, DO IT! I KNOW YOU WANT TO!" She started laughing uncontrollably. Dani, Taylor, and I tried to calm her down but she was already gone again, lost in the darkness of her mind. Audrey let out a sickening scream that was followed with a laugh. Hard, heavy footsteps came from above, they grew louder and louder until the door flung open. Alex walked to Audrey. Audrey looked up at him smiling. "Hi Santa, I didn't get a present this year!" she started laughing uncontrollably. Alex reached behind his back and pulled out the gun. "Don't please she just needs a little rest or something." Taylor spoke up. Alex pointed the gun at Audrey's head and pulled the trigger. The laughter and screaming stopped and the silence slowly took over again. "Merry Christmas." Alex said blankly as we walked out slamming the door behind him. Taylor burst into tears. "AUDREY!" she screamed. "Taylor stop it!" Dani yelled. "It's not helping anything." Dani's voice was breaking. Audrey's body still sat in the chair her head bent over and blood dripping out from the hole where the bullet collided with her brain. "He could have taken her out. Why would he leave her here." I asked with tears rolling down my face. "Because," Taylor answered through her sobs. "It's a reminder that he is in control. He can do whatever he wants with us, anytime he wants." 

I paused my story for awhile and I laid my arms up on the table and buried my head in them. I felt Officer Marcs hand touch my shoulder. "I..I have no idea what it was like to go through something like this and I know this will not be much help but I'm very sorry." I turned my head so I could see him. He smiled a little and I did a small smile back. "While we are off of the topic," Marcs continued, "Would like anything to eat?" "Yes please." I answered."Can I have a pizza if you don't mind." "Sure" Marcs said as he stood up. "Ill be back in a few moments." With that he was gone. I sat up. Nothing but me and the silence. I liked it. A small smile began to creep across my face. I stopped myself and looked around the room. Each corner held a camera, with each little red light blinking away. I dropped my smile and laid my head back down into the pillow I made with my arms. You can do this, you can do this. I smiled in my arms and sat up with a straight face when I heard the door open. Marcs walked in and smiled, "If you need to use the bathroom you can." I stood up and walked toward him. He put his arm around me and walked me to the ladies rest room. "When you are done just walk over there to Linda, she will take you back to the room." He pointed across the station to a blonde women getting water from the water jug. She noticed Marcs pointing at her, she smiled at us. She had bright blue eyes and the brightest smile I have ever seen. She was very pretty. "Here you go," Marcs said, "go down this little hall and it should be the first door on the left. Your food will be in the room when you get back." "Thank you." I said with a shy smile. He smiled back and walked away. I quickly walked to the bathroom, shut and locked the blue metal door behind me.

I leaned my back against the door and slowly sunk to the ground. I smiled and laughed a little to myself. 'I can do this.' I thought to myself. 'I can do this.' I stood up and walked across  the uneven tiled floor to the small white sink. I looked in the dirty mirror that hung above the sink. I looked tired and messy. My hair was knotty and my dress wrinkled. I turned on the water and splashed the warm liquid on my face. I grabbed a few paper towels that were in a box hung on the wall. I wiped off my face and looked in the mirror. My blue eyes big and a bite brighter. I smiled, I love my eyes. I took a deep breath, gave one last smile and unlocked the door. "Okay, and go." I said as I turn the knob. I changed my smile to a frown and held my body as I walked out. The blonde haired officer was standing in the entrance of the hall way. "Hello" I said quietly when I reached her. She turned around and smiled. "Hello, I'm Linda. Are you ready to go back to the room?" She asked sweetly. I nodded yes in reply and she walked me back to the room. When we got back to the room the smell of pizza filled my lungs. "I hope you like the pizza." Linda said with a smile. "It was Emily's favorite." I replied in a quiet voice. Linda's face dropped. "Um well you don't have to eat it..." "No No its fine. It's what I wanted." I said quickly. "I'm starved." Linda smiled and started to leave, but before she did she turned around, gave me another smile and said. "You are a very strong girl." and with that, she left. I sat down in my big chair and opened up the box and started eating. "This," I thought to myself. "is perfect."