It's Final

Jake Carter

CarTel Inc., LA

Present Day

"Good morning, Mr. Carter" Judy smiled.

"Good morning. Do I have any messages?" I said her as I scanned through my emails on my phone

"They are on your desk sir, along with your morning coffee. Would you like me to do anything else?" she smiled warmly

"Tell Mr. Redman I would like to see him in my office"

"Right away sir"

I entered into the room and sat at my chair near the open window. The smell of papers, coffee, and the morning air filled my lungs and I closed my eyes; enjoying the quiet. After a few minutes, a loud knock echoed throughout the room.

Before I could respond, Jason entered without being welcomed in. I watched him intently as he walked around my desk and sat down on top of it.

"I need a favour." I began

"Ahh, I knew this day would come. How can I be of service?" He smiled as he went through the papers on my desk.

"I need you to close the Lodge Hotel deal."

"You must be joking. I told you I was no longer interacting with the hotel sector anymore. You know what happened the last time." He fumed

"I know what you said and I respect that but you are the only one I can ask. You wrote the proposal on it so you know more than even I do."

"Then read the damn proposal yourself. That's why it's called the internet Jake, educate yourself." He challenged, staring at me through narrowed eyes.

"They asked for you by name. You're the best I have and the best for the job."

"I don't give a fuck!" he spat, slamming his hand down on the desk.

"I sometimes wonder how Sara deals with your anger." I joked.

At the mention of Sara's name, his posture softened and the smile returned to his face. I could really tell he was smitten with her, and I couldn't blame him. She was a very sweet person. Ever since he deposited the company money personally a few months ago to the bank, he hasn't been able to stop talking about her.

"I'm glad you mentioned Sara. I need you to do something for me"

"Don't you always." I responded dryly.

"This week is our anniversary week and I want to bring her to Palm Springs and have a romantic week away. Before you say anything, I already took care of my workload and my appointments for the week."

"Then why are you telling me this?" I asked completely bored of the conversation

"...Because I need you to come along with me." He smiled.

I threw my head back and laughed. "You're kidding"

"I'm not. Sara's friend Elizabeth, you've meet her before at the charity event last Christmas, is also coming along. I need you to even out the numbers and possibly be that buffer."

Elizabeth. I smiled at the thought of her; curly brown hair, golden brown complexion, hazel eyes, pink lips. Very attractive woman, but her walls were clearly up without a doubt. I made sure to keep my distance from her that night.

"That's a very strong argument but how the hell am I going to leave my company unattended to. The answer is no." I replied, adding bass to my voice.

Before Jason could push the discussion further, Kimberly walked through the door with Laura in tow. My sister sat down at the chair across from my desk but Laura, as brave as ever; found a seat on my lap.

She smiled at me with big brown eyes and I remembered why I decided to get involved with her.

"I told you not at work" I whispered to her with a smile.

"It's all the same to me" she cooed as she kissed my lips. I removed the smile from my face and replaced it with a hard expression. Laura, noticing the change, pouted as she got up from my lap and joined my sister on the other side of the desk.

"What do I owe this pleasure?" I asked leaning back into the chair.

"I'm here to take over silly" Kimberly smiled at me as she crossed her legs.

"What?" I asked, confused.

"I knew you would say no to the idea of going away with me so I called Kimberly" Jason explained.

I placed my hand to my head and closed my eyes.

"We both have the same qualifications to do this job, Jake. Just because you're the son, I'm pressured into claiming the role as the sister who shops and travels"

Jason snorted and looked at her expectantly.

"Well, okay, maybe not pressured... but it's still expected of me. Look, it's a week and I'm dying for something to do. Let me live your life for a while Jakey, please."

"Please" Jason chimed in, pouting as well.

I shook my head to him and looked back to my sister. "Kimberly, it's harder than you think."

"It's a week, what could go wrong?"

I raised my eyebrows at her.

"What she means is, she will not run the company into the ground. Have a little faith in your own sister Jakey" Jason interjected.

"Shut up" I mumbled under my breath.

"I can do this. And you need to rest. It's about time you go out and act your age. You're 25 years old and you act as if you're 74. That's it, I'm not taking no for an answer. You are going tonight and that's final."

A huge victorious smile spread across Jason's face. I just hope this week will go by fast.

________________________________________________________________________________

Don't forget to comment and vote! <3 :)