Chapter Four: Midnight with a Lycan

"Afraid of what they might lose,

might get scraped, or they might get bruised.

You could beg them, what's the use?

That's why they call it a moment of truth."

Gavin DeGraw. Soldier.

It was dark, the only light that shone in the room danced like licks of flames on the end of Simon's bed. The cold of the night trapping me to my blankets, but my body awake. I couldn't sleep, not with knowing that Grey was underneath the same roof; not only twenty feet away, he slept in the guess room that was adjacent to Simon's door.

Simon's body was slack against the other side of the mattress, after a hour of going over the rules of the house. He had assigned me to his room for the day, along with me sleeping in his bed, scared I'd mate with Grey; he wanted all tension to melt away by the morning of tomorrow. Grey had apparently had bonding time with Simon, though I hadn't so much of seen a wisp of him since the morning's car ride in the Impala.

It felt strange, sleeping in Simon's bed; it felt like we were kids again. Mom would run up the stairs, dressed in her favorite old rock shirt, her hair in a bun, and wearing a loose pair of capris. She was the one that raised both of us on anything from Black Sabbath to Pink Floyd. Dad would come running behind her, his face full of worry. His voice would be rushed when he told my mom he didn't see me in my bed, but she'd just point to the two lumps on the once twin-sized bed, Simon's blond hair poking at my copper locks.

I smiled at the memory, that had happened quite often, up to the point until I was twelve. I hadn't been able to stop having nightmares of Hunters coming to kill my family, after my Uncle Svil was murdered when I was only four. I had gotten over it, mostly because of Simon, over the years, he had become quite intimidating; by the time I was ten, he was practically a younger version of my dad, save the freckles.

"Simon," I whispered to my brother, feeling his shoulder's tense against the bed as he turned to look at me.

"Don't tell me that son of a bitch is trying to-" He told me in a quiet voice before I shushed him with my  hand.

I shook my head, "I'm going to the bathroom."

"Use mine, then. I think you remember where it is." He told me, jolting his head towards the direction of the closed door that stood ten feet away from me.

I gulped, "I don't want to use yours, who knows what you do in that godforsaken hole?" I replied with annoyance. I didn't mind if I had to use his, I just wanted to stretch my feet a bit, seeing as I wouldn't be getting a wink of sleep tonight.

"Fine, five minutes, or I'll break the door down." He said, his voice becoming heavy with slumber as he closed his eyes and began to doze as I left the room.

Quickly, I opened the door silently, knowing if I made any racket, Simon would literally walk me to the bathroom. With tried silence, I made my way to my closed door to my room, twisting the knob, I turned it only to be crushed into the mahogany door, and into my bedroom. I stared at Grey, his eyes wild as his body smashed me into my orange walls.

Feeling his hands crawl up my waist as he pressed us impossibly close, I watched him with wide eyes.

"Your brother's crazy." He whispered to me, his hands cringing as my shirt riled up my hips, letting him touch my bare-skin. The feeling of his fingers whispering against my back made me want to groan with pleasure, but it hadn't lasted long considering he had ripped his hand away the moment I closed my eyes in content. I stared confused at his reaction of the contact of my skin, "Sorry." He said, realizing I had noticed. "I don't want you to..." He breathed, "I don't want you to think I'm a monster."