Regrets

They were laying on Isabelle's huge bed, huddled under the blanket watching some movie on TV. The light from the screen illuminated their faces. Elisa's eyes were glued to the screen, but she wasn't paying attention to the movie. Instead she was on alert, listening to Isabelle's breathing, worrying about her.

Tonight was the first time she has seen her, really seen her, bare of all of her defenses. That was her Isabelle, this wounded and abandoned girl. In this moment Elisa wanted nothing more but to confess her love. Her heart was betraying her feelings, as it would speed up every time she thought about it. However, Elisa was aware that now was not the time, Isabelle was too vulnerable and springing something like this on her might have a counter effect. 

For the time being, Elisa was satisfied just laying here with her, rubbing her back soothingly, and feeling the light pressure of Isabelle's head on her chest. Isabelle was quiet, and Elisa knew it wasn't because she was engrossed in the movie. Maybe it was wrong, but Elisa was morbidly happy in this moment.

She moved under Isabelle slightly to stand up, when Isabelle's body stiffened. She turned her head towards Elisa, her eyes puffy from crying. Her gaze held fear, and sadness, and most of all a plea, plea not to be left alone. Elisa stopped in her tracks, her eyes meeting Isabelle's pleading ones. The blonde reached out, caressing Isabelle's  cheek. 

"Hey, I was just going to call my parents to tell them I am staying over." Elisa smiled at the brunette soothingly. "That is, if you want me to?" she quietly added, suddenly unsure of her actions. 

Isabelle just nodded at her, relief visibly washing over her face. Elisa jumped off the bed, dialing her home number. She peered back at Isabelle, seeing small smile playing on the other girl's lips. 

Her parents agreed to her staying without even asking too many details. Elisa was happy to have such understanding parents. They trusted her and that was the most important thing. She turned back towards the brunette who had her head propped on her elbow, following Elisa's movements with her eyes. 

"Hey Is, can I have some sweat pants and a shirt please?" she asked the brunette, who snorted quietly at the words.

"Elisa, please, you know that there's no place for such type of clothing in my closet." Elisa rolled her eyes at the brunette, but she really wanted to smile. It seems Isabelle is still Isabelle after all.

The brunette jumped from her bed, opening huge closet. After some rummaging she  tossed some sort of a fancy night gown at Elisa. 

"What is this?" Elisa wrinkled her nose in distaste, "I can't wear this, come on Is?" she approached the closet, peering in trying to find something that would suit her more. 

"What do you mean?" Isabelle raised her eyebrow at Elisa. "This is an excuisite night gown." 

"But it doesn't seem comfortable at all. I always wear sweatpants around my apartment." Elisa pouted.

It was Isabelle's turn to roll her eyes now. "Ok, let me see if I can find something more to your...taste." she waved her hand up and down Elisa's body while wrinkling her nose.

Elisa had to admit she was amazed by the spaciousness of Isabelle's closet, and the sheer amount of designer clothes. After some lengthy rummaging, Isabelle finally fished out a pair of sweatpants. "There you are, you...ugly thing." She also grabbed some plain white T-shirt and handed it to Elisa. 

Quickly changing in front of Isabelle, because there was really nothing to hide, Elisa sighed contently. Plucking the nightgown between her thumb and index finger she handed it back to Isabelle. 

"Do you want some tea?" Isabelle asked after returning the gown in the closet. 

"Sure, I'll come with you." Elisa grabbed Isabelle's hand pulling her downstairs.