Chapter Three

I had just gotten home from the short tour that kept me away from Megan for about two weeks, in those tour weeks Megan had been home sick with a stomach bug. I was coming in the apartment to go and give Megan her medicine when I heard screaming in the bathroom. Immediately I worried and ran over to her.

“What happened?”

I looked over to see a happy Megan jumping up and down.

“I’m pregnant!”

I stood there frozen. Megan and I had been trying to conceive since we had gotten married less than 7 months ago. When I realized I was spacing Megan was looking at me worried.

“You’re not happy about it?”

“No! I’m excited we’re having a baby!”

Megan’s smile grew as she hugged me.

“I’m going to get fat.”

Megan frowned and looked at her stomach. I bent down and kissed exactly where her hands were. There was a life inside of her. Lives that I help create. Megan started jumping up and down.

“I have to tell Mitch!”

I smiled and laughed slightly, Megan one of the only people I knew that got along with her brother that was 4 years older than her. I watched as she waddled away like a penguin a habit she has when she’s excited. I walked into the kitchen to go and grab a cup of coffee because recording an album is exhausting. I walked into our room to see Megan laughing in the bed the phone on her shoulder as she was picking at her nail.

“Yeah Mitch see you soon okay bye.”

She hung up the phone and looked at me.

“Mitch should be here with Jolie and Kendadee soon.”

I smiled and sat next to her, her head now resting on my shoulder.

“I’m going to be a dad.”

Megan laughed.

“I’m going to be a mommy!”

A knock on the door made Megan run and opened the door. There was the little three year old blonde haired girl at the door with no one else.

“Auntie Megan!”

Kena screamed jumping into Megan’s arms.

“Hey Kena!”

Megan smiled as Mitch and Jolie walked in after their daughter.

“Congratulations Megan I can’t believe I’m finally having a niece.”

Mitch said grabbing Kena from her. The smile on her face grew wider.

“Thanks I can’t believe I’m having a son or daughter it’s all so surreal.”

“Hey want to go out to eat?”

He continued the cover station I looked over to the clock it was only seven thirty.

“Mum…..rather not I kind of cant hold any food down.”

Jolie laughed.

“Your morning sickness is that bad for all you know you may be carrying twins.”

Megan’s face turned a pale white and Jolie knew she must have scared her.

“Oh don’t worry sweetheart that a one in a thousand chance with you because your family never had any twins in the family I don’t know about Sacks family but?”

Her face was still pale.

“I need to go and sit down.”

She said walking into our tiny living room. Thinking about how I was going to be a dad I realized we were going to need to go and buy a house. Megan was laying on Mitch’s lap while her feet were on me. Kena was looking at Megan’s stomach trying to find a baby it was a little silly but then again she is only three. Her hands were touching Megan’s stomach making her laugh and eventually she couldn’t stop.

“Kena…. Sweetheart… stops it…. I think I’m going to be sick!”

Megan yelled suddenly getting up and running to the bathroom. Mitch turned to me and laughed.

“Good luck man you got a pregnant, hormonal wife who is Megan on your hands.”

I laughed.

“Yeah I know.”

I knew I was going to go through this when I first started to go out with Megan. When she was helping out the band. When I met her the day I moved into the house down the street from her when we were five years old, I mean after all this girl was my life, my wife, my best friend, and everything in between. Megan came out and lay back on Mitch.

“Hey spread the love over here Megan.”

I said opening my arms. Megan laughed and walked over here and jumped on me. I grunted in pain and she just laughed. Kena started to whine and Jolie looked over to Mitch.

“Shes hungry.”

Mitch stood off and picked up Kena.

“Well it’s time for us to go. Megan eat something please okay?”

Megan knotted getting up to hug them. I did the same shaking Mitch’s hand instead. When they left Megan turned around.

“Can we tell the rest of the group tomorrow? I’m tired and really want to sleep.”

I kissed her forehead.

“Sure”

She kissed me back before heading to the bedroom.

“Tomorrow we can start looking for houses too okay?”

I laughed and nodded and she walked in to the bedroom.

--------------------------------------------

I woke up sweating. Glancing over to the clock I noticed it was four in the morning. I groaned and got up. There was no use trying to go back to sleep now. I quickly glanced into Logan’s room checking if she was asleep. Sure enough my mini Megan replica was asleep buried in blankets snuggling the new stuff animals she got. She had the giraffe right against her holding for dear life like Megan had when we first had moved into the old apartment. I looked in her room seeing all the pictures she had with her mother and me. Smiling slightly knowing that she was safe and sound I walked to the kitchen and got a cup of coffee. I sat watching the news when my phone went off. Jack. Figures.

“Hey Zack how you doing?”

Jack asked.

“How did you know I was awake?”

“I live next door man.”

“Oh.”

“Yeah so what’s up?”

“Just another memory.”

“About what this time?”

I sighed.

“When she found out she was pregnant the first time and Mitch was here.”

“Damn two dead people that meant a lot to you.”

“Yeah.”

“Want me to come over with Anna man?”

I smiled Anna was one of Megan’s best friends. She always had a positive attitude on and she had been helping me the first week Megan had died.

“Sure man we got to keep quiet though because Logan is still asleep.”

“Okay be there in like five.”

Five minutes later just as Jack had said he was there, and then again another flooding memory came back.