Chapter 1 - The Question

Amazing cover made by pugsnkisses18  thanks so much!:)

thanks so much!:)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'Ugh!' I groaned as I slammed my locker shut.

Monday's suck. And let's be honest, no matter how positive you try to be, you can't deny the fact that Monday's suck.

'Ready for Gym Class?' Gee looked up at me, her eyes filled with concern.

Georgia Smith, who I like to call Gee, has been my best friend since we were both 5 and we have been inseparable since. That is what I call 'friendship goals', I mean, 12 years of being best friends, that's good going.

I shrugged before replying, 'I guess, I'm going to have to face Aaron soon or later.'

Gee nodded as we made our way down to Gym.

I twirled in front of the school's full body mirror, which was covered in gum and stickers. I sighed at myself, the school gym tops were disgusting and baggy, but luckily my leggings looked okay, my light brown hair fell down to my waist, the ends were straggly from the rain, so much for straighteners.
All the girls had left and gone to the gym but I was still preparing myself for seeing Aaron, even though I saw him on the weekend, he hadn't seen me.

'Valentine!!' Coach Mandy shouted as she stomped into the room.
'Gym now!!'
I rolled my eyes and scoffed, making sure she didn't notice.

I stopped at the entrance to the gym as I breathed deeply, trying to clear my mind. I could hear all the boys shouting and other people cheering.

'Well! Go!' Coach Mandy shouted from behind me, the smell of her suddenly hit me, sweat and tobacco. I coughed as I stumbled into the gym room.

Gee quickly walked up to me before I even had the chance to look up.

'Volleyball?' I asked Gee, not bothering to look around.

'No!! Fight!' Gee exclaimed as she grabbed my arm and pulled me into the big crowd.

'Who i-' I stopped as my eyes fell onto Cole Williams, the captain of the football team, also known as the school bad boy, who was sat on top of Derik Peters, who was also one of the jocks and one of Aaron's close friends.

I looked at Gee quickly, 'Why are they fighting?! They're on the same team!!'

Gee shrugged and winced as Cole threw one last punch at Derik's face, Derik quickly got up and lunged for Cole, but was quickly stopped by Aaron, who caught Derik in his arms.
Aaron. I gulped.