Chapter 1

My name is Delilah. I am a 14 year old light skinned girl with a big heart, although I havent found the right way to use it. I live in an upper middle class, family of 5 people; my mom, dad, sister(Ella..age 7), brother(Zach..age 14), and me. My siblings and I get along pretty well. We have the occasional fights. But my mom and dad..they are non stop fighting. They cant stand eachother. Its hard to be happy in the household. I wish it would stop, and I honestly think they are going to get a divorce.

*Zach came running in my room* "Wake up Delilah! We have to go to school!"

Delilah: "Okay Okay! Give me a mintue to wake up." *I yawned and stretched to act like I was moving..as he walked out the room. I rolled over and dug my face into the pillow*

Zach: (10 minutes later) *Comes running in the room AGAIN* "Delilah!! We HAVE to go now! Get your silly azz up!"

Delilah: "Ughh, I dont wanna get up"

Zach: "Too bad. You have to." *He ran out the room"

I sometimes wish we had no school. But then again I get to see my friends and they are about all I have.     I thew on some clothes and ran into the bathroom. I splashed water on my face to wake myself up and then I did my hair so I looked nice. I ran out to the kitchen where Zach and Ella were sitting munching quickly on some toast. They had a peice already waiting for me.

Ella: "Good morning sis!"

Delilah: "Good? I guess so, now that I saw you!" *We giggled* "Thanks for grabbing me some toast guys."

Ella and Zach: "Your welcome!"

Zach: We should get going now you two. Dont wanna miss the buss."

Delilah and Ella: "I agree, lets head out."

*We put our dishes away and yelled goodbye to our parents, and ran out the door.*

Author's Note: Sorry that this Chapter is so short, Its just a start so yall can get a little feel for what the stroy is like. Hope you like it! : )