GS SCANDAL: Chapter 2

Chapter Two

After Chris had shown me around, we stopped in front of a group of guys which seemed to be Chris' friends.

"Hey Guys, I'd like you to meet Tim." He dragged me in front of them. "He's new here."

"Uhhh. Hi!" I said with an attempt to speak as macho as ever. These guys were really buff;

surprisingly different from Chris. Chris has just the right amount of muscles; his friends might have too much though.

"Hey!" They said in chorus with one hitting me hard in the chest. I furtively stumble keeping my head up.

"What's your name again?" A guy gave me a smirk.

"Don't be rude, man. His name is Tim. Tim Jones." Chris said as if offended by his mindless ear.

"Yeah, I'm Tim." I said a little bit introverted by Chris' sudden concern for me. I reached out my hand for a shake.

"Brad, dude." He said chuckling at my gesture and patted me in the arm instead.

"Cool. See you around then." I said trying as much as I can to speak and act like him, do things a more "Bradly" way to avoid those sudden grins and chuckles about my-not-so-agreeable-to-him actions.

"What did you just say? I'm sorry." He said. He was barely looking at me when we were talking instead he seemed to be listening to someone beside him and started to laugh. I didn't know what they were laughing at but Chris started to burst into laughter too. Then all of them did.

"I said, see you around then." trying to be heard through their boisterous laughter.

"What?" Brad said holding his laughter for a while.

"Never mind." I said a little bit offended.

The Bell rang. Thank God. I had enough of Brad, such an asshole

After I said farewell to Chris and his asshole friends, I ran through the corridors trying to find out where Junior Class B is. The hallways were so long and had a lot of rooms.

"Sophomore C. Sophomore D. Junior A. Junior B!" I chanted as I walked past the rooms.

The teacher was not there yet when I entered. All eyes were on me as I go in the room. There weren't much people inside. I gave a big smile, trying as much as I can to seem approachable and friendly. Some gave me a smile back, some were hesitant. One of those who were kind enough to smile back was the Asian guy in front and the bubbly blonde beside him. There was a vacant seat beside the Chinese dude so I sat there though I wouldn't want to be anywhere in front; it's a risk I have to take than sit with those flirtatiously snobbish girls and not-so-nice-looking guys at the back.

I instantly greeted the Asian guy beside me and introduced myself. His name was Ken Chou. His eyes disturbed me. It seemed to be swollen for it's so small it makes me think he can barely see. He doesn't have that Chinese accent though; I conclude he grew up here.

I wonder where Chris is right now. I didn't really have the chance to talk to him well and ask him where his room is because of his asshole friends. I can't stop thinking about his eyes. The way he treated me so differently, so kindly.

"Want to buy some of these? They're really affordable." Ken said disturbing my thoughts about Chris.

He showed me these fancy looking products ranging from sunglasses to colorful bracelets. No wonder his bag was huge. He gave me a persuading grin but I didn't have the chance to reply as the sound of the door opening made me look back.

It was our teacher. He seemed to be middle-aged, on his 30s maybe. He was good looking though he never shown a smile. He seemed so serious that he didn't bother looking at us instead wrote his name on the blackboard.

Mr. Robert Trask was his name. He lowered down his glasses as though observing us. He then went on discussing about Edgar Poe and recited some of his poems. In the middle of his discussion, the door knob was twisted from the outside.

It slowly opened and to my surprise, it was the guy I've been thinking about the past hour. It was Chris Felts!

Chris Felts is my classmate.