Chapter 8

Demi’s body trembled in Nick’s grasp. His anger quickly escaped his body, and he became extremely confused.

 “Demi?” he asked.

 “Nick!” she yelled back. She kept trying to wiggle out of his grasp, and even if she did, she knew her weak knees wouldn’t allow her to stand.

 "Demi, why – why are you crying?” Nick asked, watching as Demi tried to hide her tear engulfed face with her hair. Nick’s voice was in a quiet whisper. He wasn’t sure why she was crying. It all didn’t make sense.

“Nick, let me go!” she screamed. “Please!” she sobbed. And Nick did as told. He watched as she fell to the ground.

 He stepped back in confusion. “Demi, why are you crying?” he asked again.

Demi continued to weep on the floor, continuously sobbing. Nick didn’t know what to do.

Should I pick her up? He asked himself. Walking forward, he extended his arms toward the hopeless beauty. To his fear, she jerked backward.

“C’mon, Demi, I’m sorry. Let me help you,” he pressed.

“No!” she screamed. “I hate you! Get the hell away from me!” she spat out, still helplessly lying on the ground.

“Demi-”

“No! Get out!”

Hopeless, Nick let his arms fall to his side as he backed out of her room. “I’m sorry,” he whispered at her door. “I’m really sorry.” He sighed and closed the door slowly behind himself.

Falling backward and completely on the ground, Demi threw her hands over her face and continued to sob. She couldn’t believe it.

He really didn’t care about her.