A Dimensional Shadow

I limped into the forest covered in crimson, a cut near my throat dampening the collar of my shirt with blood, one of the guys that had try to kill me before now had stabbed me near the heart. my wings were soar and full of gashes.

Dropping my sword I fell to the ground, taking a deep breath I pushed my black hair back from my deep red eye's and lay still on the cool grass, letting the chill of the night air surround me. If I were to move now I'd regret it.

Looking up I saw a tall figure approaching from a water fall not to far away.

I tried to push myself up to run but I could hardly move, my wings wouldn't lift me due to the gashes that bled onto their white feathers and it felt as if I had broken my right arm, I was stuck.

The figure came closer and kneels down in front of me. I half expected him to stab me through the heart and end me now but he didn't, instead he reached his hand down to me,"Are you alright?" his voice was kind and caring.

I looked up at him, or at least tried to, and shook my head a bit.

He helped me to my feet and held me steady,"Come on, ill get you taken care of, if you accept of course."

I nodded, not caring what may happen next. I was near death as it is, what more could be done?

I Jumped up quickly and looked around, I was in a white room that looked much like a hospital room. Feeling dizzy I lay back down. Blinking I looked over aand noticed a needle in my right arm, I then turned my attention away from the needle and to the window near the bed, there was a waterfall outside surrounded by tree's of all sorts. It looked like something from a movie or a painting or something like that.

It was day outside but in the sky the moon was full,"What..."I whispered, my voice sounding terribly weak and crackly.

There was a soft knock on the door then a boy walked in, I tried to sit up again but I couldn't without feeling a sharp pain in my right arm so I lay still against the white sheets.

The boy walked over and opened the window then turned to look at me,"How are you feeling? Are your-uhm-wings any better?"he asked then smiled awekwardly as if it were a strange question.

I blinked once. What was he talking about? I was about to ask then remembered this boy helping me when I was near dead in the forest. I then gave a sheepish smile and nodded.

He walked over to the bed and leaned down, pulling something out he smiled nervously"This was left behind where I found you. Is it yours?" he held my sword up awkwardly in one hand and it's brown and red faded case in the other.

I nodded again, avoiding saying anything to him.

He smiled, his blue eye's shined, almost mirroring the waterfall outside the window and slid the sword back into a drawr I hadn't noticed"Do you need anything? are you in any pain?"

I thought about it, yeah I was in pain but much less then when he found me. Shaking my head I felt dizzy again and closed my eye's tightly.

The boy smiled at me,"I'll get you something to drink and some pain med's. Don't leave this room OK? there are some people who would like to get thier hands on you for some pretty cruel expiriments."

I nodded without looking at him and heard his foot steps then the door open and close almost silently.

After a while I jumped up again and noticed I had fallen asleep. Glancing outside I saw the night filled with stars, most of which reflected into the waterfall that shined blue in the moonlight.

I looked around the room and saw the boy sitting at a desk across the room, I opened my mouth about too say something but thought better of it and simply shuffled my feet under the blanket.

He turned to look at me, his icey blue eye's covered by thin rimmed glasses and smiled,"Your awake!"his vooice was kind and greeting as he took the glasses off and placed them onto the desk.

I nodded silently and looked at the window.

"Do-do you want me to open the window?"He asked kindly.

I nodded and gave a small smile as he pushed his blond hair back and walked to the window. Pulling it open he looked back at me"You wanna come look?"

I looked around slowly then nodded.

"Alright."he smiled at me and walked over to help me up, I scooted back a bit when he reached his hand out then I slowly reached for his hand"There we go." he pulled me up and helped me over to the window.

I smiled and looked over the windowsill, feeling the chill of the night air on my cheeks, looking up at the sky I could see thousands of sparkling dots, the waterfall looked beautiful from here, it almost seemed to glow with its own light.

The boy leaned against his desk chair and smiled"I don't believe I've introduced myself yet."he said sweetly"I'm, Neko, Takashi. could you tell me who you are?" he used sign language in case I was deaf or something like that.

I nodded and looked down"Shay."my voice was soft and hardly audible"My name is Shay."

Neko smiled,"I'm glad to have found you, Sh-shay?"he was unsure if he'd said my name right

I nodded"Thank you."I said,"Thank you, for helping me."

Neko looked taken aback then smiled"It was nothing, you healed rather quickly."his voice took on an amazed tone.

"Yeah. As I'm sure you noticed, I'm not-exactly the same-as you..."I whispered.

He nodded this time"I'm sorry but may I ask. Where did you come from, and also, what exactly are you?"he settled against his chair.

I sighed, shaking my head I whispered"I can't tell you..."It was somewhat the truth. honestly, I don't know what I am. And as for where I came from? I'v been trying to find that out for so long, each time failing, my most recent attempt to try finding anything out ended with me left for dead in the middle of the forest.