2009_10_18_deny_your_final_rest

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Deny Your Final Rest

Whenever I look up, and see the stars, that's all I see, the stars. I know, it doesn't sound horrible, but when did the heavens cease to awe and humble me?

When did the stars stop being the dreams of the young?

When did the moon stop being the lust of the voracious wolves?

When did the infinite mantle of darkness stop being what could've been?

The night sky once held so much, and now its empty. It has stopped being, and become nothing. The heavens have become Heaven, in the sense that nothingness travels to it, past our tallest peaks, and rests around this planet, with a weight unseen, but compounded everyday.

It sounds like Hell, I'm aware, but if nothingness is the final stage of our existence, and offers eternal rest, then it is Heaven. Heaven is a place beyond this world, and it rests on the clouds, and on the blue of the day, and the purple of the sunset, and it is the dark of the night sky, but most importantly, it does offer eternal bliss.

What is death, but a release from this piece of flesh, from this body, into the nothingness of existence. An infinite coma. A perpetual dream. The ultimate escape from this world.

The escape, my friends, is what we all seek. The escape is the place where we can all rest our minds, and leave the lies, the death, the heartbreak and the wars, but it is the escape that corrupts us.

Some say we need to escape, to find a way out, just for a second ever day. They say it keeps us calm, cool, and collected.

They're right: it keeps us calm, and leaves us in the dark. Pseudo-heaven, everyone, pseudo-heaven.

Every time we escape, we hide in the darkness. Every time we escape, we choose not to see the blues, or purples, or the yellows. Every time we escape, we die a little bit more.

I do not want Heaven. I want to Live. I will live. The escape is not meant for me. If death and deceit are part of life, then I will be subject to them. If war and heartbreak are part of life, then I will live.

The coward turns the pistol on himself, but the true Human throws away the pistol, and frees himself from the chains of this world, and from the temptation of the next. It is most Human to live, and accept life for what it is. It is most vane to hide in the shadows.

I want to know of true sorrow, so that true joy will taste so much sweeter.

I want to Hate, so that True Love will feel so much warmer.

I want to live, so that when Death comes for me, I know that my life was not wasted on the obsessions of the cowards.

I am what I am, and life is what it is, and I choose to see through the darkness, and deny my final rest.