Chapter 2

Later, I stepped into gym class, head down. Everyone was sitting in a circle around coach. Coach was going over the daily schedule for the class, when he suddenly looked up.

"SCOTT!" I heard the coach yelling my last name in the distance. "WHY ARE YOU LATE TO MY CLASS?" I shrugged. "Oh, you dont know..?" The coach got into my face, spit spraying off his lips. My head was still looking down, blinded by the coach 'saying it and spraying it'. I shook my head. "No? Are you saying no to me, boy? Speak with your words! ..And look me in the eyes when your talking to me!" The coach grabbed my chin and pointed it up right. I was silent. "SPEAK SCOTT!" I gulped and looked around the room. "Speechless?" Coach paused. "Thats what i thought... Give me 50 push-ups!" Coach shooed me away, I stared at the coach..wide eyed. "Now Scott!" I jogged to where the coach was pointing, and dropped to the floor.

"1...2....3..." The class gawked at me, as coach continued to reciet. Little did I know that was the easiest part of gym today. "..47..48...49....50." My arms were rubber, i fell flat on my face. I groaned. I heard chuckling near me. I looked up, it was Chandler. Great, just great. This is exactly what I needed. His face was the last thing I wanted to see today.

"ALRIGHT CLASS! PARTNER UP! WERE DOING DRILLS TODAY!" Coach yelled, the piercing sound of his whistle echoed through the gym. I stood up and brushed the dirt off my knees. I looked around the gym. Everyone was partnered up and Chandler was still breathing over my shoulder.

"Looks like were partners Scott." Chandler teasingly pushed my shoulder.

I flew forward, "yeahhhh..." I had never been more sarcastic in my life.

"ALRIGHT YOU SISSYS, LETS START OFF WITH 75 JUMPING JACKS! SIMMONS START US OFF!" Coach pointed to Chandler.

"YES COACH!" Chandler nodded. He was such a kiss up. "1...2..." I couldn't wait for gym to be over, just being near him made me sick.

Half way through gym, Chandler looked over at me and tried to make small talk. I didn't answer, I didn't need to talk to him. I hated him, now more then ever. He's worthless to me. I looked at him disgusted.

"What's the matter Spencer? Cat got your tounge today?" Chandler smirked.

I looked over at him again, why wouldn't he just shut up? "Don't talk to me."

"Oohh, attitude."

I grinded my teeth together, why was this class going by so slow?

"ALRIGHT CLASS! I NEED ONE PERSON FROM EACH PARTNER SET TO GRAB A BASKETBALL! 60 PASSES EACH! GO! GO! GO!" Coach hollered.

I got ready to grab a basketball, when Chandler looked over at me and said, "Dont worry Scott, I got it." I sighed. He grabbed a basketball and tossed it to me, "You can start." I was too angry to practice my passes, I wanted to chuck the basketball at his face! But I remained cool. I tossed it at him.

"Woah! Woah! Woah! What was that? You throw like a girl! You gotta throw like this.." He forcefully chucked the basketball at my gut, I lost my breath for 2 seconds. He just had to be better then me, at everything. Basketball, gym, girls..Sarah. But I remained cool, I kept my game face on. It was on. "How bout Saturday you and I get together and shoot some hoops, I can show you some pointers on how to actually throw a basketball." Chandler jokingly offered. I just stared at him, I didn't want to be seen with him during school, why would want to be seen with him outside of school too? "Oh wait! I forgot..I've got a date this Saturday... with Sarah, Sarah Moore. You know her right?" He tossed the basketball at me again, this time even more forcefully. I caught the basketball, then let it slip, it rolled across the gym.

I raced over to Chandler and gave him my strongest push, he pushed me back. I pushed him again, and the next thing I know..I'm on the floor. Chandler came on top of me, giving me one punch after another like I was some rag doll.

Just then, coach hollered, "SIMMONS! SCOTT! MY OFFICE, NOW!" The bell rang and everyone was dismissed from class, except for us.

In coach's office, coach was anything but pleased. "WHAT WERE YOU IDIOTS DOING OUT THERE? SCOTT YOU KNOW SIMMONS IS OUR BASKETBALL CAPTIAN, WHY WOULD YOU TRY TO INJURE HIM BEFORE A BIG GAME! YOU KNOW WE NEED HIM OUT THERE, HOW COULD YOU BE SO SENSELESS." Chandler looked at me and smirked. I was baffled.

"Coach this isn't my fault!" I try to explain.

"ARE YOU GETTING LOUD WITH ME SCOTT?" Coach screamed.

"No, coach." I shook my head, and peered down at my shoes.

"YOU KNOW WHAT? DETENTION SCOTT! AND AS FOR YOU SIMMONS NEVER LET THIS HAPPEN AGAIN, OKAY?" Coach decided.

Chandler nodded his head, I was shocked. How did I get in trouble and he just get a warning! "But coach..this isn't fair!" I demanded.

"NOT ANOTHER WORD SCOTT! NOW BOTH OF YOU LEAVE MY OFFICE, GET TO CLASS!"

I couldn't believe how much my life sucked today, I pushed open the double doors and guess who was standing right there waiting? Sarah, as smiley as ever. Seeing what had happened, her smile dropped. "Oh my gosh! What happened?" She asked, concerned. She was cute when she worried about me. I began to open my mouth, as Chandler came up from right behind me and pushed me a side. "Are you okay?" Sarah asked. Little did I know, she wasn't worried about me. She was talking to Chandler. I was the one with a black eye and a bloody nose and all he got was a warning..!

"Yeah, I'm alright, babe." Chandler put his arm around Sarah, she blushed. Chandler walked away with Sarah to her next class, biology. Biology was the only class me and Sarah had together, it was time to talk some sense into her before Billy-bad-a** brainwashes her for good. I limped to class.. He wanted war? It was on.