He's A Senior And I'm The Freaky Sophomore Chapter 2

The rest of the week was uneventful.

I would wait for the bus to come every morning. I would talk to Lucy on the way to school; Thursday was her birthday so I made her cupcakes.

At school Josh would meet me at my locker and walk to all of my classes. At lunch he would sit with me sometimes, when he would his friends would glare at me. Except for the guy I bumped into on the first day of school. I think his name was Matt, anyway, I realized he was staring at me sometimes.

Anyway Josh and I would go to the library and hangout there.

After school I would catch the bus and hang out at home.

On Friday Josh invited me to the football game. I told him I would go because I didn't want to be home alone.

My father was working all night and my mom and a fashion show in England.

When it was time for the game I rod my bike to school.

It looked like the whole school was there. The marching band was playing and the crowd was cheering.

I found a seat on the bleachers and sat there. I looked for Josh on the field.

One of the players took off their helmet and it was Josh. He was looking for someone.

He looked at me and smiled.

I smiled back and mouthed 'good luck'.

Josh's Point Of View

After Violet said good luck I was called into the huddle. Then the game stared.

****

It was the end of the fourth quarter; we need one more touchdown to win the game.

I looked at the crowd where Violet was. She looked at the scoreboard with a worried face. Her purple eyes looked at me and I smiled at her, and ran onto the field with the rest of my team.

The game stared and Matt was looking for someone to throw the ball to.

I was open and he threw the ball to me, I caught and sprinted down the field, with seconds to go. I dodged everyone in my way. I could hear the crowd was shooting my name as I got closer and closer to the end zone. When I made the touchdown the crowd went wild.

My team mates lifted me on their shoulders. The cheerleaders ran onto the field kissing their boyfriends and chatting my name.

Once I was back on my feet Cloey crashed her lips with mine.

"I've never seen you play like that" she said.

"I was thinking of you" I lied.

I truth was I was thinking about Violet, I didn't want to let her down.

Cloey kissed me again and went with the other cheerleaders.

Matt ran over to me and gave me a man hug.

"Nice game, bro"

"Good threw"

"We're having the after party at my place and...hey, purple girl is here,"

"I know-"

"Did you invite her?"

"Yeah"

"Wow, later man. Remember party my place"

"Yeah," I called after him.

I looked over at Violet and walked over to her. She saw me and meet me in the middle.