Curiosity killed the Cat

Hello Wattpad,

 Well I've decided to keep going with this story, not sure where to but hopefully somewhere.

"VoMmEnT" your thoughts, any advice really does do wonders

MesmerizingGold

xoxo 

  'I set out to discover the why of it, and to transform my pleasure into knowledge.'

- Charles Baudelaire

 ~ Chapter 2 - Curiosity killed the Cat

Driving to school the next morning, those captivating eyes were still on my mind. Admittedly they were the only things on my mind and as much as I tried, I couldn’t help the mild attractiveness I felt towards the man that those eyes belonged to.

I wasn’t sure if it were out of pure curiosity or the obvious lack of knowledge I knew about him, though I knew I was sure of one thing, I wouldn’t be getting those unusual, mystique eyes out of my mind anytime soon.

All day my thoughts were otherwise occupied with those eyes. As much as I tried I couldn’t pay attention to anything that was happening and before I realized it, lunchtime had come round. I looked over at the table my group of friends sat at as I slowly headed that way.

They seemed so carefree as Jase once of my close friends held a piece of chicken in front of Mary one of my other friends. She scrunched her nose up in disgust at Jase as the rest of my friends laughed at the two of them.

“Hey, what’s gotten you so down today?” Kelsey asked, bumping my hip as we walked to the table and pulled me out of my thoughts.

“Nothing really, just had an off night.”

 I tried to sound convincing though I could tell from Kelsey’s expression that she wasn’t the least bit convinced. Thankfully she didn’t pry any further and just gave me a look that said we would talk about this later.

Sitting at our table and greeting my friends I looked down at my tray of food suddenly not feeling very hungry. I hadn’t told Kelsey about what happened yesterday and I wasn’t planning on telling her either. I didn’t want her worrying about me like she would if I told her.

Sighing I glanced at all my friends. They were talking and were happy, the complete opposite of me. I didn’t know how to be happy anymore. Not since that horrible night anyway.

Excusing myself from the group, I put my tray in the bin and decided to go for a bit of a walk at the back of the school to clear my head, at least try to clear my head anyway.

 There was rarely anyone that would hang around the back of the school. Occasionally there would be the odd girls and boys that would be caught making out though other than that it was a place no one came.

I sighed to myself as I sat down on one of the empty benches that looked out at all the beautiful autumn trees, the leaves now changing to a beautiful, intense, deep red. 

I smiled to myself as I remembered the sad memories of all the times I would stroll down the streets of the town with my father as the trees turned the same impeccable colour of red.

Suddenly I heard a cry of pain coming from my left. Immediately I got up from the bench, instinctively heading quickly towards the direction I heard the sound. My heartbeat quickened as millions of horrible thoughts ran through my head of what could be happening.

My breath came out in gasps as I tried to slow down my heart. Adrenaline rushed through my veins as I could feel the warmth of it spreading like fire.