jungkook • fleeting

jungkook • fleeting

Every time Jungkook looks at himself in the mirror, he wonders what's wrong with himself.

Why do you run from him as soon as he approaches you?

Why do you flinch and draw back like a wounded animal when he taps you on the shoulder?

Why do you cut him off and avoid conversation as much as possible?

Your terse, laconic responses to his eager questions and invitations make him think something's wrong with himself – is he coming off as desperate? Should he assume a phlegmatic composure and wait for you to respond? He shakes his head. No, you wouldn't make the first move and put yourself out there like that. There's no way you would – not given the way you react to him, at least.

Jungkook pauses to peer closely at his reflection in the glass. He raises his shirt to his nose and sniffs it, but it smells fine. It's not his deodorant. He returns his gaze to his face, staring back at himself in the mirror, and he sighs. Running an aggressive hand through his hair, Jungkook shakes his head. He's not used to this rejection.

Why do you refuse to listen to him plead with you, refuse to spare him a cursory glance, refuse to share the same air space as him?

What about him repulses you to the extent that you flinch when he taps you on the shoulder, that you stiffen when he sits next to you, that you fidget and stammer whenever you're forced to hold a conversation with him about mundane, diurnal things?

He can't figure you out, nor can he understand what he's done wrong for you to avoid him like this. For the first time in his life, Jeon Jungkook is at a loss for what to do.

----

A/N: thanks for reading! hmu w a comment to let me know your thoughts, and add this to your reading list if you want notifications whenever i update! <3