And it burns, but it turns out golden.

~

There's always one thing in your life, that can make your life worth living, maybe it's something big or small, maybe it breathes or not. It doesn't have to be a lot, but it always puts a smile on your face. You don't realise how much they mean to you until they're gone. You feel stupid at how your life depended on one thing, you just want to scream, cry until there's no tears left. You wish you could go back, to when it was good and cherish the amazing memories. But maybe they haven't gone, maybe something's changed, someone new being put in the picture and it changes everything. You wish you would have had the nerve to say something that you've always wanted to say before but it's too late now and there's nothing you can do about it. That's it, that's the end.

~

~Chapter One~

The excitement ran through my body as I waited for the phone call. As hard as I tried to concentrate on the TV my eyes kept sneaking over to quickly look at the phone, to see if there was a message or a miss call. Common sense told me there wasn't going to be because I would have  heard it, but I couldn't resist the temptation of having a quick peak.

I heard the audience roar with laughter from the TV, I quickly shot my head back round having a bit of a  shock as Lee Evans carried on with his jokes. I laughed at my stupidness and carried on watching TV. Making myself comfortable and settled back down, taking a sip out of my boiling hot cup of tea. I felt the burning tea go down my throat, it was a Gods sent when you had a winter's cold.

As I just got into the atmosphere of just the TV and me I heard the phone firstly softly vibrate then seconds after Rihanna's voice play loudly, before the music could start properly I had already picked up the phone, placing it against my ear.

"Hello." I said calmly, but has the hugest smile on my face ever

. "Hey Cassie." Nathan's strong Glosterchire accent welcomed.

My heart melted at his soothing voice.

"Alright?" I asked, trying not to sound too excited but it was hard to hide.

"Yeah thanks, you?" Nathan said, laughing a bit.

"Great thanks, so you've arrived back home?" I asked, the tension in my voice building up.

"Yes! The boys are going to go straight home but I was wondering, if you wanted that is, if I came to yours for a bit?" Nathan asked, sounded a bit nervous.

My face lit up, I breathed in all the excitement, making a bit of a noise but quickly covered it up. "Yeah sure! If you want..." I said, smiling like an idiot to myself.

"I'll see you in about half an hour then." Nathan said, sounding happier.

"Okay then, I'll see you in a bit then, Bye." I said, slowly hanging up.

As soon as I put the phone down I had a short party by myself, then racing up the stairs, which were covered in different, multi-coloured patterns. When I reached the top step I found a mirror, staring at my deep blue eyes, my long dark blond hair falling down messily, I wiped my face, I was nowhere near perfect. I hadn't been bothered to put make-up on today so I had to quickly rumage through my make-up bag to find some decent make-up and ran back downstairs, I opened the foundation, squirting a bit on the floor. I silently cursed and tried to cover it up, still trying to do my make up at the same time.

Finally, about twenty minutes later I had finished my make-up, and tried to quickly hide all my make-up somewhere so it didn't look like I'd put it on for him, even though I had, but you know. I quickly ran a brush through my hair and checked myself in the mirror about a dozen times, I don't know what I was expecting to happen though. "Finished." I smiled to myself, collapsing back onto the sofa after a 20 minute rush.