Chapter Two

As my eyes traveled upward to the top of the tall, muscled wall, I was met with a look from crystal blue eyes, with lashes that would make any girl jealous, and a head of hair that was dark as ebony. Those lashes also just happened to be wet, the area around his eyes slightly red and puffy. "Are you okay?" I asked, genuinely.

"What?" He huffed, "Of course. What do you know?" His answer was short, hurt in his voice, as he whipped around and headed towards a bench where he plopped down.
My jaw fell open as realization hit. This bench was THE BENCH. The one where Mom had had her break down and was crying over her ex when Alan found her and first started talking about God to her. I sat down reverently, stroking the bench. True, I had seen the film based on this time on my Mom's life, actually staring my Mom, Dad, and Alan. But I never actually been here, the place where God started to make a change in my Mom, that led to me even being here today.

A cough breaks through my peaceful thoughts. Oh. The guy! I had forgotten! "I'm sorry! This place is just really special to my family, especially my Mom and...." I exclaimed. How had I been setting next to him and have zoned out like that. I stood to my feet, "I'll leave you alone." I started to speed walk away.

"Wait." He called, and I felt his strong hand on my arm. "Please, don't go." His blue eyes were filled with pleading.

"Need someone to talk to?" I asked, as I set next to him again.

"Yeah. Well... maybe.... I.... tell me about yourself. You're not from around here, I can tell by the accent." He shifted his eyes away, running a hand through his hair.

"Born and raised in Nashville by a movie star and her musician husband, and a band of wild critters called Anthem Lights, that are my unofficial uncles." I laughed thinking of Alan, Caleb, Chad, Joey, and Spencer. Alan had left for acting some time back, Spencer stepping into take his place. I had a large, weird family, but what can I say. I love them all.

"Weird... but better than my story though." His voice went quieter on the second part, but I still heard it.

"Cassie Keith." I stuck my hand out to him, smiling.

"Aster Keys." He took my hand and shook it, returning the smile. He looked at the bench. "What was the daydreaming about the bench. You're Mom met someone and fall in love her or something?" He had a laugh at the end of his sentence.

"Sort of." I countered, which he gave me a puzzled look at, I guess he hadn't expected that answer. "She met Uncle Alan again here. But really this is where she first heard about someone who would change her life forever." My bench partner looked intrigued and motioned for me to continue. "Alan told her about this man that had died for her, willingly. Just so she could have a hope and a future. So she could live and ...."

"Cassie." Mom was calling, through the woods. "Honey! Where are you! It's almost time for the meeting!"

"Over here..." I replied back, cupping my hands around my mouth. I bit my lip, reluctantly standing, "I've gotta go." I slipped a card out of my pocket, their was some advantages to showbiz, like having your own cards.

"That's my cell number, that is if you ever need to talk or anything. I'll be praying for you, Aster."

I turned and walked away, wishing I had had the time to talk to him about what had been bothering him so. "I hope to see you again, Nashville." Me too, Mr. Hollywood. Me too.