PROLOGUE

There's something about the atmosphere inside of Louis this morning; and I didn't like it. He was quiet and reserved; the complete opposite of what he really should be like. He'd normally be bouncing around, introducing himself to everybody, making new friends all the time and just enjoying life, but today, he seemed really preoccupied and quiet. And I didn't want to have to put up with that.

So eventually, after about an hour of trying to keep my mouth shut with the exception of efforts for a normal conversation with Louis, that clearly didn't work, I have to ask him what is troubling him-even though I already know half the answer to that. Harry.

''Louis, what's wrong? You're really quiet this morning,'' I say, trying hard to sound soft, but it comes almost as a complaint.

''I need a shower, a pizza, and about a year of sleep,'' he grumbled, running his hands down his face, then resting his elbows on the table we're sitting at. I give him a small glare. ''What? I'm really hung over after last night, Zee,''

I roll my eyes, and look back at Louis's homework in front of me. He'd bribed me earlier that if I did his Physics homework for him, I would get a canister of beer in return, which in my mind, was a really good deal. Except, the homework was really difficult, and my brain felt like cheese from the lack of education I'd been getting throughout the past few months. It really sucked to be me; watching my friends walk to school every single morning from my bedroom window, wishing I was down there with them, wishing I just had something to do during my lonely days at home, when my parents were at work and my sisters were at school. My special past time was just ambling round the house, muttering Shakespeare quotes to myself.

First sign of insanity. 

I double over Louis's homework, and jot down some excuses of answers, knowing Louis wouldn't care if I made him get a D with all of the crap I was writing down. It kept me on track to do at least some  school work. 

''You know what I mean,'' I murmur, as I stare at Louis's homework, trying to remember all the elements of the Electrochemical series. Potassium, Silver, Iron, Magnesium... ugh. Physics had never been my strong point.

Louis sighs, and grabs a beer from the canister he had given me in return for the completion of his homework, which earns himself a very surrepticious glower from me. ''What?'' he asks innocently.

''You're hungover,'' I point out, exhasperated, ''You could barely walk last night-I had to carry you home! D'you know how heavy you are?'' Louis shrugs, smiling at me sweetly, ''Anyway. Unless you're planning on turning your brain to mush and never getting rid of a headache for the rest of your life, be my guest, but really, I would not advise it,'' I sigh, and shove his homework to him. ''Done. Now. Tell me what's wrong,''

Louis groans loudly, a sound that I couldn't help finding as kinda sexy. Okay, I'll admit, there was a lot about Louis I was attracted to. His ass, for sure, his eyes were really nice, and he was fit. And I mean, fit. He worked out, like, as much as possible, and it really paid off. I think he was only doing that to impress Harry, though, which I thought was desperately sad, but at the same time, amazingly sweet and dedicated. 

''You know what's wrong,'' he moans, ''Harry... he likes somebody else, Zayn. But I love him...'' he begin to play with some frays on his denim jacket, pouting in petulance. I wanted to reach over and give him a hug, but the beer and my dining table is seperating us both. ''It sucks to be me,''

I'm about to resond with some smart-ass comeback about how it sucks to be me, but that wouldn't help the situation at all. Instead, I swallow my words, and replace them with a more thought out and sympathising reply. ''Louis, to be honest, I think it's only a matter of time. Maybe Harry's lying about that guy he slept with,'' a shudder runs down my spine, because then I have a thought of Liam and Harry getting it on in Harry's bed. Ugh. For some reason, it made me feel slightly sick, because of just how much I wanted to do the kind of stuff I was imagining Harry doing to him right now.