Truth Be Told

My adoptive parents looked at me. I shrugged not really knowing how to explain it. I walked down the steps where Marcus was, he shot me a worried glance.

"I should get going" He said wide eyed.

"But you only just got here" I pleaded.

"Yes I know but my brother, he...I need to talk to him" I sighed and walked to the door and opened it.

"Bye Marcus"

"Bye Lizabeth" He kissed my forehead.

MARCUS' POINT OF VIEW

I kissed her forehead not wanting to leave but I knew it was a must. My brother was up to something I just didn't know what the way he looked at her, winked at her, most vampires with self control learn not to do that especially to mortals. I reluctantly walked out the door hearing the click as it closed behind me. I wasn't sure if I should run to him or if he could simply hear me coming. My forced breaths made fog in the air it must be cold, but I can't feel it. I seen my brothers pale skin in a lit street light. I ran to him fast as I could stopping in front of him. He raised his eyebrows.

"Good to see you brother" Max Said

"You as well" I said.

"What do you want, shouldn't you be with her?" He asked.

"She has a name" I said defensively

"A name which she has not given me" I didn't know what to say to that so I shrugged.

"What do you want from her?" I asked him.

"Nothing, for now"

"For now?"

"Well yeah, have you seen her? It's a pity you haven't claimed her already"

"I do not claim, it just happens, and it hasn't happened yet." My brothers blue eyes sparkled.

"It has for me." He smiled.

"No"

"Yes, will you not believe it, so be it. I know my place, and I wouldn't have winked if it didn't happen"

"You're lying" My brother sighed.

"If I was lying why would I look at her with some compassion that not even you realize it. She's as beautiful as one of us, can you imagine what she'd be like if she was one of us? What a great princess she'd make"

"She doesn't want to be one of us" I said sternly

"For now she doesn't but she will" Max said, he started to walk and I kept pace with him.

"She sees what's happening to her sister, she doesn't want that" I said again.

"She'll be happier one of us" He said.

"It's simply not true, if you say you've fallen in love with her you'd do what's right and leave her be, she's not ready for this"

"Calm down, she won't begin changing until she falls in love with me" I couldn't help but laugh as I seen a flicker of desperation in his eyes. My brother my owner brother desperate for a girl to love him. But why out of all the girls in the world would it be the girl I care for most. I sighed.

"I have a feeling you're in for a ride" I said and began to turn the other way and walk back to my small living quarters.

"You know, you're welcome back at the castle" Max said stopping to watch me walk.

"Why, why would I want to go back?" I asked him, anger in my eyes. Maxes eyes showed nothing they were blank. He shrugged.

"Because she's there and you know it. The girl, the one you love, you can't admit it to yourself cause you're stuck, stuck on the girl that's suppose to be with me." He explained. I clenched my fists and began to walk away faster.

"I will say this once and only once she will be mine" Max said in a whisper, but I could hear it from a mile away. It echoed in my head all night. She will be mine She will be Mine I fell on my bed and for once closed my eyes and slept.