Making Up

The next morning I woke up, sprawled out across Liam's chest, when Lily Ann started to cry: already awake despite the fact it was barely dawn. Groaning, I picked my head up and looked at Liam, who was blinking sleepily and yawning silently.

"Go back to sleep, Lili; I got her. And you need a break anyway." I murmured, planting a light kiss on his lips before I rolled out of bed and went to get Lily Ann, Quentin following at my heels and wagging his tail happily. He'd probably sleep with Lily Ann if he could but, as it stood, he couldn't so he settled for staying with us and coming when one or the other of us got up to get her.

"What time is it?" Harry groaned from the settee when I walked past, rolling over so he was lying out on his back and blinking up at the light I'd turned on like he couldn't quite understand what it was or why it was persisting with being on.

"Sorry Hazza; it's pretty early. You can go back to sleep: I'm just up to get Lily Ann." I whispered, smiling when he fell back into his pillow and immediately started snoring lightly again. Harry could fall asleep anywhere, no matter how loud it was: a skill we'd all had to acquire when we started touring. It also came in handy when you were caring for a newborn and needed to be able to fall asleep or wake up at the drop of a hat.

"Dada!" Lily Ann exclaimed happily when I turned on the light in her room. She then proceeded to spout nonsense until she dissolved into giggles and fell away from the bars of her crib, which she'd been using to support herself as she stood.

"Hey, little bear." I greeted as I picked her up and balanced her on my hip, watching her with a smile as she looked down at Quentin, who was sitting by my side still. "We have to be quiet this morning, little bear. Uncle Harry is asleep on the settee and we don't want to wake him." I whispered to her, putting my finger to my lips and smiling encouragingly at her when she eventually managed to curl her fingers up and copy the action.

After putting Lily Ann in her high chair and feeding Quentin, I sat at the table with a cup of tea and some toast so I could watch Lily Ann and make sure she didn't spill her breakfast on herself; occasionally wiping her hands and face or helping her to navigate the spoon.

"Morning." Harry yawned as he stumbled into the kitchen not long after I'd cleaned Lily Ann up after her breakfast and sat her on the table in front of me so I could tickle her feet and blow raspberries on her tummy. I'd always loved to hear her laugh; ever since she'd started to giggle when she was about three months old.

"Hey. It's still pretty early, Hazza. If you want to go back to sleep, you can. Me and Quentin are up for the day now so you can go sleep in our room if you want." I said with a smile, but Harry just dropped down into the chair opposite me and rested his head on the table with a groan.

"It's grand. I need to think about what I'm going to say to Louis anyway." Harry sighed, before he peaked at me through his hair with a slight smile. "Besides, I don't need to be woken up by Liam being all grope-y, thinking I'm you."

"Yeah, whatever." I grumbled, slapping the back of his head lightly and scowling when he laughed at me. At least he was happier now than he had been last night: that was something and even if he was laughing at my expense, it was good to see that troubled look finally gone off his face. I hadn't even really noticed how odd it was to see Harry looking so troubled until it was gone and he was laughing once more.

"Hey Ni?" Harry asked suddenly, sitting up straight and looking at me uncertainly. He looked like he wanted to say something but wasn't sure how to put it into words.

"Yeah Hazza?" I asked back, raising my eyebrow at him to show I was listening then smiling reassuringly so he'd know he could tell me anything - ask me anything - and I wouldn't judge him. It would be a bit hypocritical of me to be judgmental of Harry for being confused about his feelings towards Louis, all things considered.