Chapter 7, A fun day of school

Walking up the stairs to the building I was in my own little world. Not really thinking about anything as I walked slowly on my automatic route to my locker. The school was a good size, brown stone, with most of the school covered in windows, It was a natural light, and according to the school it was a way to keep the minds open, as well as make the students not feel like they are in a cage. I personally loved this building.

The grounds outside were well kept. A fountain with a wolf staring out to the mountains held firm in the front of the school. Our mascot, the Timber Wolf. His name though is Archie. He was a symbol for a few different reasons, first is the school spirit. Second is guidance, and third is strength. Mr. Kaplin, our principle, said those are the most admirable traits which include the whole of the school, and not just the students, but the staff and the lands.

The hallways were crowded, as people bustled around, heading here and there. I never paid much attention to the students, most of them were Idiots. I continued to walk when I heard a little whimper from somewhere up a head. Immediately my motherly side kicked in and I took of in a sprint, heading to the room down the hall where the sound came from. My book bag still secured on my shoulder. I received several looks from passers but I paid no attention, I knew someone was in trouble.

I slowed down to the door, and crept next to it, to hear who and how many were in there. I could hear a quiet sob, and several feet shuffling. I peeked through the small glass window, and held in a gasp as I saw a young girl laying on the ground, covered in blood. How the hell had no one at this freaking school not known of this. I was enraged, as I saw a man about six foot three kneel down next to the girl, who didn’t look more then a hundred pounds soaking wet, she looked like a ten year old she was so small.

“You pathetic little Bitch, I told you not to go near them” the tall man sneered down at the quivering form on the floor. I saw four men all around the same height standing in the room. “You never should have left, I told you before” he snapped, smacking her head as he leaned closer to her “No mate of mine, will get away. I can't believe you were stupid enough to think you could hid from me”

“I'm so-sorry” the small girl whimpered.

“Sorry huh?” the man sneered again. If he keeps doing that his face will stay that way. And suddenly his words registered in my mind. Mate. They were Wolves. Immediately I pulled out my phone, and silently as I could I sent a message to Cay, telling him we had Wolves at the school. I got a message back almost as soon as I sent it.

We are on our way, stay put, don’t do anything till we get there.

I knew they would only be about five minutes away, but I knew I couldn’t barge in there, I had no special abilities and no way in hell could I take down five Wolves. So I stayed as quiet as I could, and continued to watch them. The tall man, I'm assuming the Alpha or at least the leader talked quietly with his men. They hadn’t noticed me yet, and for that I was thankful.

“How long till the pack here knows we are here?” the leader asked one of his men.

“I know they know about us already but think we pose no threat. I would give it at least the rest of the day before they figure out we are in the city.” the shaggy brunette man replied. Pack? I didn’t know there was a pack here, I thought it was just the six of us at the house, and we aren’t considered a pack.

“Well how many do they have again?” the leader asked.

“About thirty two, though the Alpha lives a little ways away, but I doubt it would take him long to track us, if we leave with her like that” Brunette replied pointing a finger at the girl, still huddled up on the floor. Wow there are thirty two Wolves here, how did I not know that. I mean I know I am part of the pack so to speak I guess, but I'm still just human so I guess I don’t get to know much, I am the weakest link I suppose.