Different side of the bad boy

The rest of the week went by in a blur. Kyle had only talked to me a few times this week, but he only made stupid remarks.  He made a comment about my how cute my ass was after he was watching me during PE.  I blushed like crazy and when he noticed this, he had a triumphant look on his face, which only aggravated me more, so much that I slapped him in the face and walked away. He was surprised at first with my reaction, but he continued to tease me more and make inappropriate jokes. Man, I just wanted to kill him.

······♫♪♫······

I arrived at school Monday morning and braised myself for the long school day that was about to come. I had agreed to participate in singing lessons and Miss Lawrence was filled with joy. I found out her name last week when one of the other girls in my class had spoken of it as she bitched to her friends. The first lesson started this afternoon and I only knew that my instructor was a student in my grade and they had only started the tutoring this year, meaning they were new to this as I was.

I walked up to my locker and saw a very distressed Chelsea standing next to my locker, close to tears. Her eyes were red, shimmering with water and she looked like she had been crying all night. She looked at me and offered a small weak smile. I didn’t say anything; I just walked straight up to her and gave her a tight hug, wrapping my strong arms around her skinny waist.

My face was planted into her hair and as I spoke my voice was slightly muffled. “Chelsea, what’s wrong?” She let go of me quickly and we both took a small step back, giving us both some personal space. She looked at the floor, her slightly frazzled blonde hair falling down on her face, before replying in a small voice, “It’s Jason…”

Hearing that name made by blood boil and anger to rise up, making it harder to see and concentrate as red covered my field of vision. “What the hell did that - that jerk do to you?” I yelled, through clenched teeth, with my hands forming fists at my sides shaking as anger coursed through my veins, pumping through my blood stream as I took long deep breaths.

“Nothing, he… we… broke up.” And as her voice broke, my anger slowly faded away being replaced by my little old friends – sympathy and guilt. Jason was Chelsea’s boyfriend – well ex now. They hav-had been together for almost two years now and she told me a week before school started that she was thinking of giving her virginity to him due to the fact that they had been together for so long and she thought they were in love. I told her that I didn’t think she should do it just yet, to wait for the right moment after they settled down because if she lost it to him and he left, she would not be happy. But I looked her in the eye and told her that it’s was not my decision to make and that I would support her with anything – even if I didn’t agree completely with it.

“I'm sorry Chels,” I offered her a tired smile but she was still looking at the floor, and I mentally face palmed myself at my stupidity.  How could I create such a sad frown on her pretty little face? What kind of friend would do that? I was about to speak of reassuring words until she whispered again.

“That’s not even the half of it.” Small tear drops began to cascade down her cheeks as her lips quivered, but she did not even bother to wipe them away. People began to stare at her, wondering the obvious. Is she okay? “We sort of, did the deed, a day before school started. I thought it was great, but then he started ignoring me and last night he texted me saying that it wasn’t going to work out. I think he..I think he just used me.”

The anger again came back full force, all sympathy and guilt pushed aside as I clenched my fists. “That bastard,” was all that I could get out through my clenched teeth. Jason used to go to our school, but he was a grade above us, and so he graduated last year. This simply did not stop the two love birds from being together.