Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Warning/s: A little bit of violence/threat at the beginning.

A/N: Sorry this has taken so long. I've had a bit of disruption lately (changing schools, it was my birthday on Tuesday, lots of homework, etc.) so I was kind of distracted from fanfiction. Hope this chapter makes up for it then!

Also, I went to The Globe Theatre with my school to see The Tempest, and guess who was in it? ONLY COLIN MORGAN. He looked at me, smiled, and then said his lines, still staring at me. I'm still fangirling over that.

Also, if anyone has kik on their smartphone, I'm on it as cordeliarose123. Feel free to add me, I promise I'm not a paedophile :)

Disclaimer: I don't own Merlin. Considering what's happening in this fic, that's a good thing.

It looked like it was to be a pretty average day. Fairly average weather, normal chores, normal breakfast that she was carrying to deliver as normal to the normal people, Arthur and Gwen. So, all in all, a normal day.

Until a hand grabbed her wrist and pulled her into an alcove. The trays landed with a clatter on the stone floor and the red wine spilled out in a puddle, seeping into the cracks between the slabs and starting to drip down the stairs.

Merlin opened her mouth to scream but another hand covered that. Her captor was behind her; she could feel their body warmth close to her back. A voice that Merlin recognised whispered for her to not scream or else, and she nodded assent.

The figure let her go, but barricaded the only exit available.

"Thomas!" Merlin hissed. "What the hell are you doing?"

He didn't look like Thomas. The handsome face and ruffled hair was still there, but the former was taut with distress and the latter lank. "What did you say?" he hissed, advancing towards her with a single step.

Merlin automatically backed up as far as she could go, only stopping when her back hit the rough edge of the alcove. "I don't know what you're talking about," she whispered, voice shaky and close to tears.

"What have you said about what I did?"

"I don't know what you're talking about, Thomas, I really don't," Merlin mumbled, one tear escaping her eye.

"I know you like me," Thomas said, coming closer until he was almost sharing the same space as her. He grabbed her wrist with both hands. "Don't you?"

"No, Thomas, I don't! Leave me alone!" Merlin darted forward a few steps but stopped, crying out in pain as Thomas twisted her wrist roughly.

"And if you tell anyone," Thomas said, starting to back out of the space, "it'll be a lot worse than that."

Merlin glanced up from nursing her arm and glared at him. "Well, if you'll excuse me, Thomas, I have a job." She swept out, holding her arm and hurried back to the kitchen to grab another two breakfasts.

"What's that on your arm?" Arthur asked, lazily popping a grape into his mouth.

Merlin glanced down and saw a vicious red mark on her forearm from where Thomas had grabbed her earlier. She shook the sleeve down over it hurriedly. "Nothing," she replied. She walked over to make the bed but that didn't shake his eyes from her.

"Merlin," he began, but was interrupted by a knock at the door.

"Come in!" Gwen called, taking a sip from her goblet.

Lady Celeste poked her head round the door, steadying herself with a hand on the door. "Sorry, but could I borrow Merlin for a few minutes?"

"Certainly," Arthur said, gesturing to her with a slice of cheese.

"Thank you," Celeste said, ducking back into the corridor. Merlin dropped the sheets and hurried after her.

Merlin closed the door behind her with a soft click and bowed her head slightly. "Milady," she said politely.

"Merlin!" Celeste whisper-shouted. "I need your help."

"Yes, I know," Merlin replied, a little confused. "That's why you've asked for me."

Celeste gave a nervous trill of laughter. "No, that's not it. I saw Morgana earlier this morning, about a half hour ago."

"What?" Merlin asked, dropping her voice slightly and moving closer slightly.

"She was plotting to kill the king. I didn't want to tell them because I knew Arthur would rush off and most likely get himself killed, and the knights are a lot more likely to trust you than me."

"Thank you," Merlin said, absorbing the information. "I'll go alert the knights." She rushed off with no such intention, and missed Celeste's smirk of triumph as she glided back to tell her family of the success.

A/N: I'm listening to Example right now, and I'm typing in time to the beat. Needless to say, the clicking is rather amusing.

If anyone has any good emo/punk/rock/metal/gothic/indie/alternative artists you think are good, drop me a review with them included? Thanks

REPLY TO REVIEWS:

blondeperson: Why thank you! I know, he is seriously underrated as a knight – I find him fairly adorable and rather like a gentle giant, and I love him, he's probably my favourite knight. Well, you'll find out soon enough! Haha, thanks for the review!