Good Human

The next morning came quickly. Taemin was so tired that he fell asleep immediately. During breakfast Minho gave him the address. Onew should drive him. However, he should wait for Minho, so they'd appear together. Luckily, Taemin managed to go shopping before dinner. He asked Onew about Woo Bin. He had gone to jail for malicious injury. The guy he'd beaten up had turned out to be a policeman. Without the influence of his father, he certainly would get more than 12 months. Onew told him that until 9 months ago Woo Bin had still been Mr. Choi's successor and whom Kim Kibum was supposed to marry. However, Kibum's father didn't accept a postponement for 12 months, therefore Minho had taken Woo Bin's place. To sum up, Minho's becoming the heir was thanks to Kibum. Now Taemin understood why Minho treated him so badly. Minho probably thought he'd have to prove his leader's skills. Taemin's presence must constantly remind Minho of that.

"...not everyone is born to be the only heir like you, lucky bastard. Some people have to protect their position from their brothers..." Taemin remembered Minho's words. Now everything made sense.

"I don't like this whole thing. You'll be in there with three of the most dangerous men of Seoul," Onew said as they drove into the garage. The Japanese restaurant was on the seventh floor of a 12-storey building. Though, on the ground floor, there was an express elevator to the restaurant.

"Nothing is gonna happen. It's just a dinner." Taemin tried to calm Onew down. Onew had always been the big brother he never had; caring, overprotective, and strict.

It didn't take long until Minho's car was in sight. Gangster or not, Minho was always punctual. He seemed to discuss something with his chauffeur before getting out.

"Onew, did you know Woo Bin came out earlier?" Minho asked while his driver parked the car.

"I just heard some rumors yesterday," Onew replied. Of course he was informed, if the son of a powerful crime syndicate's leader was released from prison. The police had Woo Bin shadowed, but after the second day they had lost him.

"I want you to find out what my brother did the last 6 days."

"Understood."

"Right now," Minho demanded as Onew didn't move.

"Now? Shouldn't I wait to drive Kibum home?" Onew asked.

"No, you do what I say." Minho knew he wasn't attentive, and yet he noticed Onew's glance which was addressed to "Kibum." As if they could communicate telepathically. It displeased him how close these two had become in such a short time. But he was sure that what he felt wasn't jealousy. At least that was what he thought.

As Onew drove away, there were only Taemin and him left in the deserted garage. It was fascinating how quiet such a place could be. Minho thought he could hear his own breathing.

"My father expects us to be a real married couple," Minho said as he reached for Taemin's hand; as though he needed an explanation. It surprised Taemin how warm Minho's hand was, how such warmth could be created by such a cold person.

"So I should pretend we're in love?" That was more of a statement than a question.

"You're not that stupid, huh?" Taemin wondered if Minho was able to compliment others.

"Is your father traditional?" Taemin asked as they stepped in the elevator.

"You think a man who makes his son marry another man is traditional?"

"Then why doesn't he accept a fictitious marriage?"

"You always ask this many questions?"

"Well, I don't want to be stupid, right?" Taemin said and Minho looked at him in disbelief, as if he wasn't used to sarcasm. For a brief moment Taemin thought he saw Minho smile. Someone with such a beautiful smile should do it more often, he thought.
The Japanese room that was reserved for them was empty as they both arrived. Time passed and there was still no sign of the others. Obviously punctuality didn't run in the family.