Capter One: Our Surprise Roommate

Start from the beginning

"Oh, my gosh! This isn't a joke right?!" Scarlett laughed at the phone.

"No, of course not! This is real! Congratulations, girls!" 

"What do we do now?" Scarlett asked, calming down.

"Well, I am five minutes away from Scarlett's house and I'm guessing that where you two are. When I'm there I'm going to explain everything, okay?" Gwen said.

"Alright. We'll see you in five minutes, Gwen." Scarlett clicked hang up and stared at me with her eyes wide.

"I know. I know," I told her trying to stop my shaking hands. We heard the doorbell ring and we rushed to get the door. Gwen looked like a... manager. She had her honey brown hair slick back into a small bun, light make-up, dull brown eyes with long eyelashes, glasses that made her eyes look smaller, a black business suit with a suitcase that I'm assuming has all papers, and a stern yet playful look. 

Scarlett quickly went to the kitchen to get Gwen some tea; her dark brown hair bounced behind her. I politely sat her down on the kitchen table and sat awkwardly in front of her. Gwen looked at me and smiled amusingly.

"Oh, sorry... Uhm, you probably already know this but I'm Stella-Mae Pond and she's Scarlett Cain," I told her, my Scottish accent got deeper by the anxiousness.

Gwen smiled and said, "Yes, I know. But thank you for interdicting yourselves. Your Scottish accent sounds much more harsh on the telly."

"Oh..." I cleared my throat and said, "Sorry. A lot of people sometimes can't understand me so I have to fake it and use a English accent."

"No. No. No. It's alright. It sounds very cute and you look very Scottish," Gwen said with a smile. "You know, you have the orange red hair, the green eyes and the smile. My sister's husband is Scottish so I know."

I laughed and felt much more comfortable with Gwen. Scarlett came back with the tea, set it up in front of her and sat down next to me, opposite of Gwen. She took a small sip of the tea and got straight to work.

"Alright, first I will need signatures from your parents or guardians saying their approval," Gwen said.

"Oh." Scarlett looked at me nervously. She hated talking about her parents.

"Gwen, my mother is the guardian of Scarlett. She has all the papers," I said quickly. "I'll call her from her Floral Shop in her house next door; I'll be right back."

I ran to my house, which is also my Mum's floral shop, Pond's Flowers and Roses, to find her rearranging white roses with primroses. She looked up, smiled and brushed her hands on her apron. Some people say I'm the mini-me of my mother and I didn't disagree. I had her same face, the hair, the nose, the ears, and everything except that I have my dad's green eyes. My vague, "calm" and "sweet" personality come from my dad as well.

"Hi, Mum," I said hugging her. "Guess what?"

"What is it, Stella?" She asked, her gray eyes sparkling. Her Scottish accent is way more harsh then mine.

"We won the ROL competition!" I squealed.

"No!" She gasped. I nodded and she hugged me so tight. "Ooh! I'm so proud of you, my dear Stella-Mae! I know right from the start that you could do it!"

"Do what?" I heard my father asked, entering the floral shop. He had ruffled brown hair with a few white streaks, green eyes, and he was way too tall. 

"Oh, Davie!" Mum called, extending her arms to him. "Our Stella won the ROL competition!" 

Dad's face smiled so wide that his smiling wrinkles that he hates ever so much appeared as he hugged me. "That's my girl, Mae! That's my girl!"