Prologue: Ireale

Thank you for this beautiful cover on the side!! :D

So... This will be my first time writing a 'true' fantasy story. (: This story has been in my head for almost half a year, before I even thought up of 'The Library Seirune'. The world of 'Ireale's Crown' is of MY OWN IMAGINATION. I hope you'll enjoy this~ :D

*This story also has the ROMANCE genre. (:

Copyrighted © 2011-2012, permafrost (from Wattpad)

All rights reserved

-------------------------------------------------

Prologue: Ireale

Hundreds of feet above sea level and up in the clouds, there laid a colossal piece of rock, stretching in all directions for tens of miles. And atop it was a big city. Ireale had always been for the home of dragons for as long as anyone could remember, always peaceful and unknown to most human beings. However, the once tranquil land was now in the midst of war.

Flames of different colours shot up into the endless skies as the dragons themselves gave enchantments in an attempt to kill off their enemies, and the two parties included the Royal Guards and the Air Rebellions. Though the war had dragged on for quite a while, neither side seemed to show any sign of weakness or the desire to give up.

And at the edge of the big block of floating land, where everything seemed quite deserted as the war mostly concentrated itself in the middle portions, there stood an Air Dragon and an Ice Dragon. They were not in battle, as the battle had almost quite ended. Right then, the white, Ice dragon was at the mercy of the Air dragon, its yellow scales shining menacingly. Slashed deep in the belly and his right wing, it had made the Ice Dragon quite frail to move, and the fact that claws were around his long neck made things even worse.

"So, what are you going to do about it now, dear cousin? You know, if you beg, you might just be able to live," the Air Dragon said to the Ice Dragon with a smirk, its mouth curling into one of arrogance.

"I will... not," the injured dragon stuttered as he tried to keep his breathing even. The cut was really hurting too much. "No matter what, I will... never!" He forced a roar right into his enemy's face.

With a grim expression, all amusement gone, he said, "If you wish."

The white dragon roared even louder when he felt great heat emanating from the claws of the yellow dragon. He swivelled his long, spiked tail about, trying to hit him down, but it was no use. With one last wicked smile, the Air Dragon loosened his grip completely, and down went the Ice Dragon into civilisation.