Chapter 2

Chapter 2

__

"Excuse me, but what are you doing out this late, kissing Matt?" She was pretty mad.

"M-mum...."

"Get in the car, now." She gave both me and Matt dirty glares.

"I'm sorry Mrs. Cross, maybe...Kissing Jade was a little too far, especially because we're best friends and we don't date." Matt was trying to earn my mum's respect back.

"Yes, a little bit.  Thank you for apologizing, but, I would actually want to talk to you soon.  Come over this week some time?" Oh god. What was she going to do? Give him the prep talk about getting me pregnat?  Who knows what goes on in her Filipino head.

"Yeah, anytime Mrs. Cross." He looked down at his shoes, embarassed.

"Okay, well, I've had enough.  Let's go home."  She snapped at me.

"Goodnight Jade...and Mrs. Cross." He spoke up.

She nodded at him, and got in the car, as I followed to the passanger seat.  When I swung the door open, Matt mouthed at me, I love you.

I spread a little smile across my face and mouthed back, I love you too.

I hoped that mum didn't see that.

__

"JADE YUKANA CROSS."  Mum's voice woke me up.  What did I do now?!

"WHAT?!" I snapped back.

"Don't give me that attitude.  It was your fault that you snuck out last night and didn't get any sleep, now wasn't it?"

That tone of her voice wanted me to punch her.  I swear.  I couldn't take this.  I'm 15, wouldn't you expect me to make some type of mistake at this age?  I'm a teenager, and I'm just saying, but, c'mon, like she didn't do anything like this when she was my age.  If I said any of this to her, she would knock me on the back of my head with a bat. 

"Whatever."  Best response I could think of that didn't include a physical hit if answered.

"Get up.  It's Friday, can't you live through one more day?"

"Not if your treating me like this." I muttered under my sigh.

"Hm?"

"Oh, nothing.  Nothing at all." I gave attitude.  I was tired, I was going through withdrawl symptoms, and I was confused in love.  That combination equals a bad mood.

__

4th period was the worst; because the rest of the day, I had Matt in my classes.  Having him near me was like a guilt cloud. 

"Hey, Jade?" He scooted into a chair near me.

"Hey..." My voice sounded pretty down.

"Look, I'm sorry about last night."

"Actually, it was my fault.  I left my window open, and I guess my mom heard me open it when I left.  Pretty sloppy exiting I guess," I stared at him in the eyes.  I couldn't stand to see him sad because of me.  I smiled, "It's okay.  We're still on for tonight right?"

"Yeah...Of course." He smiled back at me.  His smile always somehow perked me up.

__

"Jade!" I heard Matt's voice.

"Yeah?" I looked around for him.  I heard his voice, but I didn't see him.

He came from behind and hugged me around the waist; that made me blush.