The Seven Sons: The Slave 9

~Sorry, for such a long wait, but life has been a chaotic mess with everyone getting sick, meeting people (which most I'm pretty sure will become family :) ) , my mom going to hospital, all the finals and schoolwork (which i'm dreading going back to on Tuesday), trying to distract my brother since my dad got called in on chirstmas eve, christmas, and the day after to work. Then going to my moms and having to clean after little christmas and finally its almost a new year!! Yay!! Although that means every weekend first two months of show choir comps, auditions and...Ok, ok, I am done with a long ramble. All I can say is a new year is moment of great joy for surviving, a moment of great sorrow for those who were lost and those good and bad moments that make up our lives, the happiness of those new friends and old friends that make everything worth it; and it's a moment for knowing that you have another of great joys and great sorrows ahead of you! So I hope all of you out there have A Happy New Years!!! :)

Chapter nine

Miranda

                When I started to wake up, instantly I felt really cold. I tried scooting closer to where the warmth had been, but when I didn’t feel the warmth of his fur, it woke me up fully. I knew that when I woke up that he would probably be gone, but it still doesn’t help that the fact that he wasn’t there almost made me feel empty, like he had stole part of my heart.

                Now, that sound stupid, a wolf, just a wolf stole my heart. The feeling was not one that I had even felt when I lost my mother or when my brother left; it was worse as if my whole life was collapsing around me and there was nothing that could catch me before I hit the bottom. I just wish… there was knock on the door before it opened and Talon walked in.               

                “Oh, your awake already.” He said, but then he paused once he got closer to where I was standing near the window. I knew he could see the pain and how upset I was, but his words were not on the mark.“I know your upset that you have to get up from a comfortable sleep and back into reality, but this the way it has to be for now.” Then he pulled me into a hug as if to say things were going to change, the only question was how much more would change before it finally got better. “Ok, now you have half an hour to get ready before your duties.” He left me to do what I needed to.

                I was slow getting ready, knowing that it was going to be torture the only thing that would keep me going was the fact that maybe I might see the wolf, again. I just left my hair natural feeling no need to do anything with it. I put on a long- sleeve green dress that came down to my knees. I put on the lightest amount of make-up that I could possibly get away with, though I knew that it was still too much for my taste.

                “Miranda, its time that you got going for today.” Noticing my foul mood he spoke, “don’t worry you will get to sleep here tonight.” Still he missed what I was actually upset about, but it didn’t matter there was no way that he would actually understand what I was feeling.

I knew that it was time to wake Drake up, but for some reason I felt overly anxious to see him. There was a strong pull telling me that there was something about him, though my mind told me that I should ignore it all; I am just a slave after all and he is one of the sons of the kingdom I live in.

                Even though I thought this for some reason I still felt this overwhelming need to see him. I knocked on his door, “Sir, it’s time to get up.” The door opened after a couple of seconds; I lifted my head and when I saw that it was Soren, one of his older brothers, I quickly lowered it knowing that he wouldn’t want me to look directly at him.

                So out of the corner of my eye, I saw him raise his hand towards me and on reflex I flinched away, thinking I was going to get hit. When I flinched away I could have sworn that I heard a growl, but I just ignored it because in the same moment Soren placed his hand on my shoulder and he moved me out of the way so that he could walk by. I looked up in surprise realizing that he had just placed his hand on my shoulder to move me; I got really confused when they were both just looking into the others eyes, it almost gave me the feeling that they were talking to one another you just couldn’t hear them. Then Drake seemed to snap out of it as Soren walked to the table for his breakfast.