My Not So Perfect Prince Charming

At least once in every little girls' life is their "perfect prince charming", but to be honest, he's not gonna be perfect nor does he exist; only in your fantasies.

In our fantasies, we imagine him as the perfect person. The one who would take you out for your birthday to some snazzy restaurant. A prince charming who would ride to your house on his white horse and bring you to watch the sunset in a meadow of dandelions.

The perfect guy who would catch you if you were falling instead of a football or a basketball because they care about you just that much. You mean more to them than an over sized, orange, bouncy ball or a brown, oddly shaped ball.

The perfect guy would stay awake and watch you sleep while he kept away all the bad monsters. He'd slow dance in the rain even though there's no music, and then he'd pick you up and spin you around before giving you a gentle kiss on the lips.

Your prince charming would tell you he loves you everyday, not because he feels he has to but because he wants to. Your prince charming would throw pebbles at your window at night. Your prince charming would climb up the side of the house just so he can see you, kiss you, and be with you.

Then you get older and bam! Reality hits and you realize that there's no such thing as a prince charming or the perfect guy. There's just regular guys that would rather catch a basketball or football than catch the girl that's falling madly in love with him.

He wouldn't bother to waste his time doing something stupid like climbing up the side of your house to sneak into your room. He wouldn't ride up on his white horse. He wouldn't dare dance with you in the rain in fear of messing up his reputation.

Turns out all that love stuff about the perfect guy and finding your prince charming only happens in your dreams, fantasies, cliche love stories, and love quotes.

In your eyes he's the perfect guy for you because you're in love him and wouldn't wanna be with anyone hit him.

How do you know? How do you know that you're in live with him though? Maybe it's how your heart literally feels different when you think of him.

 Or how sweaty your palms get when you're around him. Maybe it's how he's always on your mind. Maybe you know because you can remember all your conversations and smile at them because they weren't normal conversations.

Maybe it's the fact that you smile when he calls you a loser or lame. Maybe you can tell because y'all can sit there for a full three minutes and call each other names and not think anything of it.

Maybe it's that cliche feeling you get when it feels like its just you two on this planet when y'all are with each other. Or maybe it's the fact that everything reminds you of him and you can't get him of your mind.

But in the end, when your standing over his grave with tears pouring down your face and memories that y'all shared together racing through your mind, you realize that he was your not so perfect prince charming all along.