A Kiss and A Cuddle

This is originally a one-shot fan fiction. I made it by request.

© C.J. Avila
™ May 2016
All rights reserved.

~

"I hate you!" You yelled at him.

"No, you don't." He said, shaking his head.

"Yes! I hate you!" You answered, quite impatiently.

"You're mad but you don't hate me. You can't." He said, trying to assure you.

You shake your head of the thoughts that made you want to scream at him again. He's right. You don't really hate him and you can't.

"Stop talking!" You finally say. You turn your back to him and walked away. He followed.

"I'm not talking." He answered stubbornly, still following you. You faced him and pointed.

"Stop following me!" You informed him and he stopped. Only because you stopped walking.

"Why?" He asked. He looks tense with his broad shoulders straight.

"What?" You ask back, not getting what he wants to say to you.

"Why do we always fight? Tell me." He said and he relaxed. You can see him shaking now.

You open your mouth to say something but your mind is blank. "I- I- I- God."

You can't handle it. You covered your face and broke down, crying. You're getting tired now. You don't know how it started. You don't fully know how it got so heated that he have to raise his voice and you have to slap him to his senses.

You feel your knees betray you and feel yourself falling. Before you fully slumped on the floor, a pair of arms caught you and you both fell down.

"Sssh." He whispered in your ear. "It's okay."

"No. It's not okay. We're not okay." You denied, shaking your head.

"I know it's not but it will be. Believe me." He assured you. And you do. You do believe him.

But you're too terrible to even agree so you only did one thing you know that can tell him. You clung unto him and cried on his shoulder. He wrapped one arm around your waist and hugged you tight, the other arm rubbing your back.

"I'm- I'm sorry." You whispered. He shakes his head.

"I'm sorry, too." He whispered back.

"I'm sorry I hit you." You said again.

"It's nothing, really." He answered. "It doesn't hurt, anyway. You have the authority since I messed up.

"Even if I hit you in the face?"

He chuckled and wrapped his arms around you more tightly. The both of you forgot that you're slumped on the floor.

But you don't care. If it's the only place in the world to be with him then it's okay.

"Do you trust me?" He suddenly asks. You pulled your head away from his shoulder and looked at him in the eye.

"What?" You ask.

"Do you trust me?" He repeated with no further questions. Wanting to know why, you nod your head and whispered your agreement.

"Well, will you let me take care of you tonight and bring back the smile on your face?" He asked, bringing his face nearer to your face and touching his nose to yours.

You smile at his cuteness and awkward question. "Shut up. A kiss goodnight and a cuddle is fine with me now."

He smiled and let go of you. He stood up and offered his hand to you. You grabbed it and steadied yourself.

As soon as your on your feet, his arm went around your waist. His other hand went up to your face and rubbed his thumb around your cheek. Looking in your eyes, his face went down and kissed you in the forehead.

You smile at the gesture. "I love you."

"I love you, too." He said back.

Suddenly, he grabbed your back and his arms went around the back of your knees and carried you bridal style.

"We still need to cuddle." He said and you can't wish anything else than you and him together.

~

-LIKE, COMMENT, SHARE-