Chapter 7

Iyan's Pov

I could not believe she was here right in front of me, with a different face i had never seen before, and yet, it seemed so familiar, she still reminded me of her...

I remember exactly 6 years ago when i had opened that door and had seen Yvonne, the shock and bewilderment I had experienced, the joy of seeing her back, of being lucky enough that the universe had understood my longing and pain for her and returned her to me, except for the fact that Yvonne wasn't her, she looked just exactly like her.

Even my classy parents were ashamed to call me their son because i was not like Scott-my step-brother, i was not very good at sports, i was an introvert and stayed very anti-social and spent my whole time in the library at home or even high school.

Scott had been a constant bully to me, he never even considered me his brother and then finally, since we were good at academics, we both got admitted to Cambridge, and father thought what a pride he had to hold in this- his both sons, in the best institute in town and soon would be ready to take over his international Empire.

Little did he know, little did I know that my brother whom i had considered more than my own, would snatch the one most treasured and beloved to me...and now he was doing the same with Yvonne, if not snatching, he had broken her, it was quite evident.

"I cannot believe this.." she mumbled loud enough, disbelief flooding her eyes.

"I want to help you Yvonne, i know what Scott did to you, he was a scumbag back then and he would always remain one..." I said spitting venom.

She seemed to ponder for a moment and then finally agreed, "I'm so happy to see you Iyan, I had thought I'd never see of you again," she said with a complacent and sad smile but i knew how i was going to erase that sorrow or at least how i was going to bring her vengeance from Scott.

"Promise me you wouldn't fall for him again Yvonne, i'm not imposing this on you, but i'm determined to see Scott Anderson RUINED!"
She sat still, lost in thoughts, "what's he done to you? I hope nothing worse than what happened to me..."

"I'll tell you that...one day, when the time is right," i said as I began to think of her, before getting up brusquely, her stark lifeless eyes filling my head, just as the last I had seen of her.

I  handed her some documents quickly and spoke, "As from tomorrow, you would be our new Marketing Manager, I want you to work for me until he tries to contact you again, we will discuss the rest in my office. I'll see you in London, you will be sent the ticket soon."

I stormed out before she could say another word, only one name on my mind, her voice, her laugh, her sorrow, her joy, her face that i had yearned to see, Mariella...

2 Weeks later...

"Sir, someone's here to see you," my secretary Warren whispered softly to me.

I looked up and said, "Send her in." I was expecting Yvonne since the day i arrived here in London, "finally..." I thought when i saw her entering my office, her fingers fidgeting with the handle of her purse.

I smiled warmly and welcomed her to sit in front of me. Her face's nervous smile indicated that she was still uncomfortable with this new me.

"It's alright Yvonne, i'm not that classy douchebag billionaire you read about on Wattpad," i said smiling.

She looked at me for a second and then burst out laughing loudly, "Right you know, I was imagining just that, from this addicting story called, "The girl he never noticed" where Jade-"