Chapter 3

Chapter Three

The pictures showed my happy times of my childhood, only with other people in them. There was not one single picture with me having a bruise, cut, or scar on my body, those pictures and memories can never be replaced or changed. I snap out of my thoughts when I hear Gavin calling my name.

"Dakota?" He ask.

"Yes, little duck."

"You okay? I've been calling your name for a while now..."

"Yea. Just drowning in my own thoughts, sorry." I reply.

"It's fine. Before we start painting I need to know the game plan of how we are painting you room though."

"What do you mean...?" I ask confused.

"Does the term chalkboard paint ring a bell in that tiny little hollow head of yours?" He ask while chuckling.

"Ohh yea. Um we're going to paint the wall with the balcony doors." I say not caring to make a snarky comment back to him.

"Well since that is settled, let gets started!"

When we reach my room I start laying down the plastic covering on my wooden floors, making sure the entire floor is covered. While Gavin is opening the paint and pouring the regular paint in own bin and the chalkboard in the other bin. When I finish laying down the covers I put my hair in a high top bun and grab my iPhone and ear buds and start listening to music. I grab a paint brush then grab the bin that has the chalkboard paint, then start painting the wall.

While painting, I start humming 'Trouble Maker' by Olly Murs ft. Flo Rida keeping myself entertained also trying to not starting a conversation with Gavin.

"You know you have an amazing voice? Right?" Gavin tells me.

"Um. No I don't. My voice doesn't compare to all those singers out there. Plus I was humming."

"Yea, but you got carried away in your own little world then started singing out loud." He explains.

"Whatever. Let's just get my room done so you could leave, the sooner the better." I snap at him.

"I don't know what got shoved up your ass all of a sudden, why the sudden act of being such a bitch towards me, when I done nothing but be nice too you!" He yells at me.

That's when I start to breakdown in tears. He's completely right he has been nothing but extremely sweet to me, ever since we met he made me smile, like I never have. He brought happiness to my world and I was me around him. I wasn't the pathetic coward I was, I was a completely different person. Then that's when I start hyperventilating and my cries turn into sobs and then I started to choke to catch my breath.

"Dakota?! Are you okay?! Oh my God! I'm so sorry, I got lost in my mind and then I don't know... I'm so sorry, I didn't mean anything." Gavin says walking towards me.

I'm still on the floor curled up in a ball sobbing in tears till I'll pulled in huge embrace. I look up and see Gavin is hugging me from behind, trying to calm me down.

"Gavin, it's honestly fine. I was being a selfish bitch towards you. You've been nothing but extremely sweet to me and making me laugh or smile when I'm with you. You were right though, you have nothing to be sorry about I do. I'm sorry, I'm the one that has to be apologizing not YOU!" I say and take a deep breath before continuing.

"I guess you brought out my side I never expected to see. You showed me a girl that is happy and laughing like the world is going to end. As cheesy and corny everything my might seem, you Gavin have changed me in one day. One day that's all it took, a simple twenty minute conversation, we were complete strangers and YOU changed me! You made me feel things I never felt for anyone. You were the first guy, hell you're the first person around my age that I have talked to since the end of elementary school. I was half mute, if that's even possible till I met you. You stood-up for me yesterday, yet we only met once! Once Gavin, once. On top of that you, didn't even know my life story and you told you buddies in there to mind their damn business. Not one person since I was five stood-up for me like that, not one person has cared about me that much, and showed sympathy for me. And Gavin you were the one that did those things for me and you didn't even know me." I say trying to catch my breath between my tears and sobs.