I Rejected The Ugly Dork But Now He's The Hot Popular Guy (Chapter 22)

** i said i was going to upload didn't i? so, don't want to keep you waiting any longer so the usual, majorly sorry, am horrible person, forgive me? vote now just for the hells of it? enjoy!

also, know this chapter is quite long and not exactly fabulous and hilarious but i am really into chapter 23, will defo be up tomorrow and is going to be great =] **

Chapter 22

Life was bliss. It really was.

Adam drove me to school everyday which meant I had more time in the morning to practice my facial expressions just in case I was discovered by a big Hollywood producer and cast in a movie; better safe than sorry. We would then part our ways for lessons; the few of which we didn't have together and then he'd always come to sit with me at our lunch table. I protested saying he didn't have to but he just put his finger on my lips and told me he'd much rather sit with me and that he preferred it anyway; he said my friends were 'amusing'. I'm not sure if that's a compliment or not but I'm not going to tell Leanne just in case. And weekends were the best; we'd always go out together so basically, all in all, Adam was the perfect boyfriend.

In French I asked Madame Rochelle if she could move me because Aiden was too distracting, to this she gave me a knowing look and kindly obliged. Adam and I always found ourselves on the receiving end of Natalie and Tash replacement's glares but Nikki knew we knew all her secrets and didn't trouble us. In fact, for the past two weeks, she wasn't even in school! Right now, life was perfect. Even mom was home more than usual!

So I was sitting at our lunch table waiting for Adam to come when hurriedly Natasha sat down at our table with a tray of lasagne.

"Oh my God, I'm so nervous!" Natasha exclaimed stuffing an unusually large amount of lasagne into her mouth.

"Why, what's up?" I asked a little detachedly, still scanning the lunch hall for Adam. I'd know exactly when he came in, it was like there was a little hush in the hall where all the girls would stare at him and then he'd walk straight for me and they'd all sigh with jealously as he kissed me and then-

"Uh, Laurel? Are you listening to me?" Natasha demanded with a note of hysteria.

"Um, yeah sure!" I said focusing my attention on her.

"What was I talking about?" she asked bluntly, this was very un-Natasha.

"Cheerleading?" I asked doubtfully.

"Exactly!" she exclaimed, phew, close one. "When they find out she kicked me off the cheerleading squad they'll think I had a vendetta against her!"

"What, wait, who are they?"

"Oh, honey you don't know?" she asked as if I was an idiot. "Oh, that's right, you're in love, you actually don't know!" she laughed and focused her attention back on the lasagne.

"Natasha, who are they?" I asked a little impatiently.

"Oh, just a bunch of private detectives."

"What? Why are the police going to talk to you?"

Marshall came and sat down next to Natasha with his packed lunch.

"Don't you know?" he said wiping beads of sweat from his forehead and getting out his brown paper bag lunch. "They're talking to everyone. I just got out; I swear the guy was on to me!"

"But you've got nothing to hide!" Natasha said sweetly taking out a Kleenex and wiping his forehead. They were an item now, Marshall was forever saying how everyone from me to Natasha wanted 'a piece of Marsh Land!'. I tried not to dwell on whatever that meant or what it could be a nickname for.