Chapter Seventeen

Author's note: So, you might notice that this upload is a little early. That's because our Internet is about as stable as a one-legged horse and right now it's being superb. Aaaaand I like uploading (: to me, this chapter's kinda boring but it does feature quite a bit of Sodapop (for all you Soda fans) this is for you.  

Also, new fans/comments/reads/votes ALWAYS make my day, seriously; so if you're really, really bored.... (: (: (: 

We fell off the Hot List ): kinda sad, but it was nice while it lasted. 

Okay, I'm going to stop rambling now, and it's 2012 in 2 days :O happy new year!

Laterzz ^__^

Chapter Seventeen 

Dallas's POV

"Hey Sodapop!" I yelled out into the house as I flung open the front door.  

Silence.  

My eyes raked the room for any signs of life. And then I heard a clinking sound coming from the kitchen. Keeping Tammy behind me, I tiptoed around the corner and leapt onto the figure sprawled across the bench.  

He sprung up and tried to punch me. Needless to say, he failed. After I blocked a few more random swings, I finally saw who it was.  

Two-Bit was grinning madly from ear to ear.  

"That's my exercise for the day!" he shouted.  

I slapped him across the back. "What are you doing here? Where's Soda and Steve?" 

Two-Bit stared at me as if I was dumb. "They're working." 

"Why aren't you at school?" 

He jerked a thumb behind me. "Why isn't she at school?" 

I remembered Tammy behind me and I pulled her into my side. "Let's just wait here until Soda and Steve get back, okay?" I told her, playing with her hair.  

Two-Bit cleared his throat. Oops, I'd forgotten to introduce them.  

"And I'm guessing this lovely lady is the Tammy y'all have been gushing your heads off about?" 

"I don't know if gushing is the right word. Anyhow, this is Tammy and she's mine," I added through clenched teeth. I knew how Two-Bit could be, flirting his ass off to every female in his line of sight.  

"Yeah, whatever," he waved his hand dismissively. I let out a deep breath.  

The door opened and Pony swung his bag onto the floor. "Anyone home - oh hey Tammy! What are you doing here?" he asked, grinning madly like a Chessy cat. I dug my hands into my pockets.  

"I'm here with him," Tammy replied casually, indicating me with a slight shrug of her shoulder. When was this girl going to learn to admit that we were in a relationship? Was she ashamed of it? 

"Oh," Pony's grin faded to a forced smile. "You weren't at school today." 

She shook her head. "Slept in," she answered cheerfully.  

"Because I was in her bed and gave her sweet dreams all night," I cut in.  

Pony turned away; I guess he didn't want to hear the rest of it.  

Looking at the clock, I decided that Soda, Steve and Darry wouldn't be back for at least another three or four hours. I saw Tammy sit down on the sofa and I bit my lip; she really was perfect. I could survive anything life threw at me if I got to see a single smile of hers. It was ridiculous, but that was the way I felt.