Chapter Three ➵ False Acknowledgment

This chapter is dedicated to @OnyxChampagneDreams because I like giving dedications and you should totally go check out her short story Goodnight, Moon.

<>CHAPTER THREE: FALSE ACKNOWLEDGMENT<>

It was Monday. It was time to set foot in the four story barbie and ken factory that was high school.

I sit up to contemplate whether or not I should fake a fever. I decide not to. I have to bulldoze through all that is plastic. I have to suffer the consequences of my idiotic actions.

I take a shower, brush my not-so-pearly whites and blow dry my hair. I settled for a flowy, blue button-up blouse, black pants and nude flats. I tie my hair up in a bun and stuff all the remains of last night's homework in my backpack. I quickly put on some lip balm since my lips dry up so easily.

Are there any stars in the sky? No, they're in space -- which is the answer to whether or not I have any contents of make up on my vanity. Which is why I don't bother with the rest of my face.

I am now ready to face my social death sentence.

I run down the stairs and I am greeted with the smell of bacon and pancakes, and a smile from my father.

Lately my father has been showing great effort in trying to be the father I've always wanted. The kind of father that I needed. He was the only family I had left, he was the only person I had left so I took in every moment of it.

"Good morning." He says folding his newspaper.

"Good morning father who's half responsible for my existence." I hug him.

"You're welcome." He hugs me back.

I break the hug to grab a muffin.

"You're not eating breakfast here?" He asks.

"Mmhm." I mumble in between bites. I am at the door before he can say anything else.

Maybe if I get to school early enough I would be able to postpone the verdict.

I head for the garage to my partner in crime. If I was Batman, she was my Bat Mobile. If I was Marilyn Monroe, she was my second-hand white baby grand. Sandra was a Hyundai i10 repainted to a subtle shade of blue. She was passed down to me by my mother. She was the only thing that I was able to keep from her. I named it after her.

I take a quick look at the suburban waste land known as Beacon Light Commons. I live in front of a creepy, middle aged man, the kind you'd see on television where they hate the youth. He goes by the name Sergeant Clover, I assume that he's a veteran of some sort.

"Good morning Sergeant Lucky Charm!" I play my most cheerful face, showing an excessive amount of teeth.

"I hope you have a terrible morning, you intolerant child." He waves his hose at me, splashing the water around.

"Still chirpy as ever aren't you, you undercover leprechaun."

"Dearest offspring, would you stop harassing our neighbors if you're not going to eat breakfast here." My dad calls out from a window.

"This is why I never married." He says directly to my father.

"You never married because every woman you've ever met refuses to be seen with you." I liked messing around with the old man.

"I hope you die of menstrual cramps!"

"Sorry to break it to you but i'm not dying of menstrual cramps today -- i'm dying of being surrounded by the over use of silicone. I'm supposed to be on my way to my funeral as we speak." I quickly get into my car and drive off.