Chapter 12: Lies aren't pretty

Elsa's POV:

"Nothing..." I lied. Everyone stared at me as I averted my gaze. "Are you lying?"Jack asked. "No." I lied once again. "Elsa." Anna said sharply. I looked up at the ceiling. "I'd like to talk to my sister in private." Anna said sweetly, a little too sweetly. I looked at Jack, glaring at his figure as he and everyone else left my room.

"Don't be mad at Jack. I was bugging him because I knew he was hiding something from me." She said shyly. I sighed.

"Now as we were talking about before," she pondered before continuing, "what are you lying about?" I sighed. "I'm not lying about anything." I lied. She sighed. "Elsa, tell me." She begged. I shook my head.

"Do it for Jack." She suggested. I grunted. "Pitch visited me in a dream." The words left my mouth against my will. When she said do it for Jack, I had to do it for him. He's important to me now. I still don't know why though.

"Why would he visit you?" She asked me. My heart started racing. Sweat drops started forming on my forehead.

"Elsa?" She asked, noticing my nervousness. I frantically shook my head. "Elsa, are you ly--" A siren suddenly went off.

I jumped up from the bed, opened the door and ran downstairs. North was standing the the living room. "Really? The sirens?" I asked as I approached him.

I pulled him into a hug. "Are we going back home now?" I whispered. "Yes, its time." He whispered back. I walked out of his arms.

"Its time." I choked out, walking away before anyone can question me. How can Pitch think of fighting us?! I angrily threw my clothes into my suitcase.

Walking downstairs with my suitcase beside me, I checked if no one was there. I sat down on a chair in the dining room, pulling out a frosted necklace. I held onto the charm.

"Dad, are you there?"

"Yes Elsa."

"Is Pitch really going to fight us?"

"Yes dear. I'm sending Tempest to fight alongside you."

"I'll meet him back at base."

"Snowflake?" Jack's voice rang out.

"Is that Jack I hear?"

"Dad, don't tease me. I have to go now."

"Goodbye hunny."

"What do you want Jack?" I asked coldly. He looked at me nervously, "It's time to go." I slowly nod. I walked up to North, snatching the portal from him. "To the workshop." I whispered.

~~~

Everyone placed their suitcases in their room and met back in the globe room. "Is everyone present?" North asked. I looked at everyone. "Yes."

"Okay. First of all, Elsa. Thank you for giving the frost guardians a chance of being normal." He nodded at me. "We aren't normal..." I said frowning.

There was a coughing at the table. I looked at Anna, who had her hand up to her mouth, fake coughing.

"Okay I'm sorry. Lemme rephrase this. Ahem," I got ready to use some sarcasm, lots of it actually, "We are all normal. We like to go to school and learn. We're normal, we don't have powers and we don't have to save the world."

"Ummm. Guys... She's scaring me." Rapunzel admitted. "I'm not trying to scare you guys, I'm saying something you all would've wanted to hear. Here, lemme sugercoat it. We are not normal, we have powers. We have to save the world and that is amazing!" I said, fist pumping the air, rolling my eyes after.

I stood up to make my leave. "Where do you think you're going?" North asked, his tone harsh.

"I already know Pitch is on his move. I just don't want to sit here and tell lies to everyone." I said truthfully. "I'm tired of lies." I stated, walking away from everyone.

Jack's POV:

"I'm tired of lies." She stated, walking away from everyone.

"What does she mean?" I asked North. He shook his head, not wanting to answer. "Fine. I'll get answers my own way. One way or another." I warned North, standing up and flying away from him and everyone else.

Walking towards Elsa's room with my staff in hand, I was ready to ask her questions. I stood at her door.

My heart skipped a beat as my hand decided either to open the door or leave her alone. I knocked once. No answer. I knocked twice. "Who is it?" Her voice shook.

I didn't answer her, waiting until she opened the door. The sound of the door opening echoed through the hall. "Elsa..." Her name felt foreign on my lips as I pushed the door open.

Elsa's POV:

"Go away Jack."

Stay with me please.

"Elsa. Why are you tired of lying? Have you ever told a lie to us? Are you lying?" He asked, curiosity getting the better of him.

"Stop asking questions."

Figure me out already. I'm tired.

"Elsa..." Him saying my name sent a tingle through me.

"Jack..." His name felt foreign on my lips.

"Just come back to the globe room with me." He pleaded.

If I go with him what will happen? Will they stop talking when I walk in? Will they ignore me? Will I be alone again? Will I be lonely?

"Elsa." Jack said, holding his hand out to me. I stared at his hand as if he might move it any second. Accepting his hand, I stood up and walked with him back to the globe room with a beating heart.

"--Pitch is getting revenge. Elsa can help." I heard North say. "But--" Merida started but got cut off by North. "But what?" He asked.

I stood behind Merida, without her knowing I came back. "The lad doesn't have any powers." She continued.

That hit a nerve. She judges me because she thinks I don't have any powers. "Don't judge a book by its cover." I snapped. Merida snapped her head to face me.

"I'm sorry Jack. I just can't right now." I apologized, getting ready to walk back to my room. Tears welled up in my eyes.

"Elsa, please. Why are you afraid?"

"Jack, you shouldn't do that." Anna warned, standing up. Everyone else stood up, standing next to Jack.

"Elsa, why are you afraid?" He asked again.

"Jack, don't do this." More tears welled up in my eyes as I clenched my fists.

"Elsa, what are you hiding?" He asked.

"What are you so afraid of?" He asked, grabbing my wrist.

I turned around quickly, my hands moving by themselves. Everyone jumped back in fear as ice spikes came from the ground. I backed up in fear. My heart rapidly beating out of my chest. I gasped for air.

Anna took a few steps towards me, "Elsa, calm down. I'm here." It looked like she was about to hug me. I moved away from her grasp.

"Don't touch me! I don't want to hurt you, any of you..."