Chapter 6

Welcome to chapter 6! This chapter is...different than every other chapter and I probably won't ever try this again; it didn't set well with the logic side of my brain, but my romantic side loved it, and this is a romantic story, so.....

To be honest, I don't know how this chapter even managed to work itself out, but I'm glad that it's finished. It's a bit strange for me and this story [and may not make that much sense], but it's what I've written, so I'm posting it because I like it. Just pretend that what happens in this chapter can actually happen, please?

I've decided that you people need to see what Mila looks like, and I like her character, so I've made the executive decision to add her to the cast! She'll be played by Gwen Stefani.

Enjoy...hopefully....

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 6: Sparks of Advice

Song: Taylor Swift- Sparks Fly

~Sunday~

His lips looked so soft, so I began to move in closer to them as I held him in my arms.

“Do you mind if I kiss you right now?” I whispered, allowing my words to hit Reynard's lips like heat-seeking missiles hitting their target.

I knew that if he rejected me, it would hurt like hell since I really wanted him; even though, we hadn't really been doing much nor have we actually gotten to know each other that well, so it would make some sense if he said no..... Although he was single now, right?

To my surprise, Reynard whispered the one word that I wanted to hear, “No,”

I needed no further prodding for me to place my lips over his and gently move my lips in sync with his. I took note of how soft his lips were and began to nibble gently on his lower lip, earning a soft, barely audible moan from him.

I moved my arms to slide around his waist as his hands stayed firmly planted on the bench.

“Dustin,” Reynard gasped, and just the way that his voice sounded in my ears made me want him even more.

I pulled him closer to me and went to kiss him again, but he turned his head away from me. What was he doing? Did I do something wrong? Dammit! I knew that Alex's plan wouldn't turn out that well! I cursed Alex for his idiotic plan and myself, for even allowing myself for trying to execute it, and pulled back from Reynard and looked at him as he wiped a tear from his eyes.

“I'm sorry, it's just that I don't think that I'm ready for something just yet; I need time for myself,” Reynard said softly as he gave me weak smile. “Maybe we could be something; but not now, later, Dustin. I'm just not ready for someone to come into my life right after someone just left because he cheated on me, you know?”

I nodded in sympathy.

We sat there in silence for a bit, just enjoying the silence and the peace of the park at night.

Reynard pursed his lips as he looked out over the cliff that was just a few feet ahead of the bench that we were on together. He ran a finger through his brown hair to push it behind his ears. “So...you said that you were recording some songs, right? And that you needed a musician?”

I nodded. “Yeah, you can meet with him tomorrow, and then we'll go from there.” I handed him Frank's business card with his office's address underneath the phone number.