Chapter 4: Triple Attack

          *I will take this moment to apologize for leaving you all without an update for what must have been more than a few months. I got distracted, life started changing faster than I could believe. I'm currently in college, I haven't had any mental time to think about the story. For this I am sorry. Hope you enjoy this new update!*            

A strong gust of wind blasts over the land, whipping up the leaves of trees in its violent assault. Thunder peals overhead as a violent storm slowly starts its way onto land.

Sara looks up with a slight twinge of concern.

I can’t waste time here; I really should dispose of them before the storm arrives. From what I can gather, it should be in an hour or so. Plenty of time, in some circumstances.

But not these circumstances.

She watches closely, observing Miranda and Thomas in particular.

It would be to my advantage to keep a close eye on them. I don’t know what tricks they have up their sleeves. They’re only human, but then again, humans are tricky devils. For weaklings, they all have their cunning.

She automatically dodges a punch from EX80A, weaves in under his punch, and decks him straight in the chin, before recoiling back as Thomas lets bullets fly.

Sara smirks, knowing that no bullet can harm her.

And that’s when a bullet smashes into her thigh, and explodes, releasing a blast of fire that scorches her leg. She quickly rolls, and manages to extinguish the flame before it can cause harm.

Well, granted. Incendiary ammunition... much more effective. Definitely watch him.

Miranda comes in with hands clenched in fists, a determined glare on her face. She starts throwing punches at Sara’s face, who lightly dodges with a grin on her face.

This is too easy, what is she gonna do? Tap me with those weak fists of hers?

Miranda answers her mental question with an abnormally strong punch to Sara’s jaw, managing to dislocate it.

Sara jumps back into a tree, and winces as she force it back into place, not without a slight grunt of pain passing her lips.

Alright, so to conclude, don’t underestimate a human, especially not one of these big shots from the FBI… damn this is such a bother.

EX80A flies up to her with his massive dragon wings, and inhales sharply. She takes the hint and jumps to the next tree, as he burns down the tree she was in previously with his breath.

“They don’t call you the ‘Dragon’ for nothing. But tell me, ‘Brother’, why are you helping humans? After all, look what’s happened to us at their hands? You shouldn’t be helping those who harmed you, you know.” She calls out, dodging more of Thomas’s irritating bullets, which wiz by and ignite as they smash into trees and various other obstacles.

                Sara lands on another tree, only to be knocked out by Miranda, who knocks the tree down with her abnormal strength.

                “Hey human!” Sara calls out, irritated. “Where’d you learn to punch like that? Your punch is almost equal to one of my kin!”

                Miranda replies with a smash to Sara’s knee, managing to knock her down, only for Sara to get back up and return the favor to Miranda’s stomach. They both jump back to catch their breath.