The End...

Chapter 49

Present

"So that's what happened?"

Zing nodded. "At least, thats what the others told me. I pretty much lost consciousness after what happened with..." Kari placed her hand in his. They had sat down on one of the many couches in the fancy sitting room.

After hearing the tale, Kari was quite upset. Her friends went through all that, some even died trying to save her.

"What about Anya?"

"I don't know what to tell you. Her body was taken over by Dark Magic, so I don't think she'll be the same person ever again. I mean... She shot her own friends! She killed them without so much as a blink. According to Leon, Anya fought off the Magic before... And I want to believe that the real Anya is in there somewhere in that body.... But I just can't." Zing put his hand on his face.

Kari thought that they could save Anya. Dark Magic was hard to contend with, but if Anya could fight off the Dark Magic before, then there was still a chance.

"How did you get the idea to use dowsing to find me?"

"That was Leon. He came up with the idea." Zing said shrugging. "Don't ask me how though, cause I don't know."

Kari frowned. 'How could Leon have known about dowsing? Isn't he clueless when it comes to things related to Magic?' She considered this for a moment. 'I guess he could have just read about it in one of the many books in one of the many libraries.' She shook her head.

"And Tom? What did Melanie mean when she said, 'he observed the specimen and even lead us to more samples?'"

Zing frowned deeply. Kari thought she saw a look bordering disgust in his eyes.

"Tomas Dellinger, AKA Tom Diamond, was nothing more than a researcher doing an experiment with Sam as the test subject."

Kari felt anger rise in her stomach. "But... But if that's true, then-"

She stood up. He stared at her, but she didn't return his gaze. Instead, she extended her hand to him.

"Zing, let's go and join the others." He nodded and took her hand.

---

The others were eating in a larger than life dining room. 'One of the quadrillion in the castle.' Leon sighed. Just thinking about the vast number of rooms in the castle made him tired.

Leon picked at his food. He normally would eat, but he was too deep in thought.

Everyday there was something new that Leon learned about this place, Serenity Castle, and the country it was in, Avolin.

The Kingdom of the Twin Moons, Avolin, was almost 1000 years old. It was the only country on the dark side of the planet.

The other day when Leon heard that, he was skeptical. If Avolin was the only country on the dark side of the planet, then that implies that Avolin never sees the sun...

But when he saw a map of the world in the library, it was confirmed. The way the planet rotated on its axis prevented the country from facing the sun.

Avolin was a large nation, made up of various sized island provinces. Adalon, was the largest, northern most province and the place where the capital, Serene, was located.