Chapter 30

Kimberly Jacobs P.O.V

Sunday lunch went by pleasingly. Aunty kept all of us entertained. I was very happy, the happiest I could be. Miguel and I weren't at each other's throats. Nicholas and I finally are talking. It was refreshing. It got a little chilli outside so we moved to the lounge on the second floor. I haven't been in here, but it wasnt as bigger as the one downstairs. It was warm, and cosy.

We were talking, I was sitting next to my aunt, in her embrace, covered ourselves with a single throw blanket.

Just as we were talking Nicholas's phone rang, he went outside to answer it. Not a minute later Miguel's phone also rang. It was around eight in the evening.

"Molly." My aunt spoke up, setting her empty glass of wine on the table. "What's going on with these two boys you've adopted in your life?" She asked, and I was startled. My aunt wasn't stupid, hell she was far from it, she was suspecting something. Ever since last night when Miguel came back home bruised up like that, with crazy amount of blood on his shirt.

"Auntie, what are you talking about?" I asked, hell I wasn't supportive of Miguel's way of living but he didn't ask for it.

"These boys, are up to something, and I am not going to leave you here alone with them. You are coming back home with me." Her voice was strict. She was actually serious.

"Auntie I can't just leave..." What about Miguel? I had meant to ask. But that question surprised me even. Like what about Miguel Kimberly? The man is a murderer, a drug dealer, has an ice box for a heart, humanity is buried deep down at the roots of his being, he had called me names, humiliated me, slowly but surely tortured my soul, he has shut me out of his life, has this big secret he doesn't want me to know of, always in fights, my life is in danger because of him. So what about Miguel?

She squeezed me a little. "Yes you can. I smell trouble brewing here baby. A problem bigger than you and I. How do you explain the bruises they're sporting?" She whispered harshly.

What about Miguel? He was tortured by his father, he lured him into this dark life, he forced him to be this cold hearted bastard he is, he caused Miguel to lose a life, everything Miguel is, is on Stefano's hands and I won't crucify him.

"You don't know them aunty. They are good guys!" I defended them. "They are good people." I pouted.

"Honey? Don't be naïve now." Her tone was very much harsh, but I knew what she meant. She was looking out for me. But the problem here now is, I leave with her, I put her life also in danger. Carter is still out for my blood. And he is getting angrier because Miguel had rescued me from his damn prison.

"I'm not being naïve!" I almost yelled at her, but if I do that, she'll kick my ass into next week. "Miguel and I..." I had to say something. But before I could say anything the gentlemen came back, looking pissed off as hell.

"What's wrong?" I asked, looking directly at Lobos.

"Do you mind going to the Empire tomorrow? Nick and I have some things to do." He sat down rubbing his temple.

Nicholas just headed to the bar, and poured himself another shot of whiskey. "I'll get my driver to bring you some files that are very much important tomorrow. You already know what to do." He said, and I nodded.

It wouldn't be the first time they both left me in charge, even with my lack of experience, I had an idea on what to. Plus they had the best team, money can buy.

"Boys, I need my beauty sleep. I will see you all tomorrow, when God allows us." She kissed my forehead and left. Nicholas also left, leaving Miguel and I alone.