Ch.4 -Divulge-

Chapter 4

-Divulge-

The smell of of strong coffee and bacon woke me. It’s a smell that I’ve gotten used to for the past two weeks since Stevie has moved in.

Getting out of bed, I stretch and let out a deep yawn. My alarm says it's still early. Normally, I would get as much sleep as possible before going to work. Lately though, I've been enjoying Stevie's company in the mornings.

After the usual bathroom experience, I make my way to the kitchen.

Just like the previous mornings for the last couple weeks, Stevie was dancing in front of the stove to the music playing from the radio. I laughed at her. She was wearing Winnie the pooh pj shorts and a red tank. Her hair was up in a simple pony tail, but she still managed to look like a model.

"Stop drooling and get some breakfast." She said playfully, without turning around.

I simply smiled and sat at the table.

There was a large assortment of breakfast foods waiting. Omelets, bacon, pancakes, hash browns, and muffins. Everything smelled amazing and I couldn't wait to start eating. Stevie told me, the first morning since becoming a roommate, that she wants to become a chef and has a strong love for cooking. Anytime she can, she'll practice her skills in the kitchen. That's good for me though, I get to be a taste tester.

"Do you know if Rob is back yet?" She asked me referring to our other roommate. Robert is a cool guy. Older than Stevie and I but acts as if he's a toddler. He's a night owl though. Works as night security for the local hospital from 8pm-4am unless he decides to work over time, then he won't get back until 7am.

"I don't know." I shrugged. "But if he was, we would be able to hear his loud ass snoring."

Stevie giggled a little at me. I don't normally curse but Robs snoring aggravates me to no end.

"So what time do you go in today?" I asked.

"Not until noon. I have to take the dinner shift tonight. I like the great tips I'm bound to get, but the dinner chef yells at us. I hate him." She frowned. "You?"

"I gotta be there at 9, so in two hours. Training is kicking my butt though." I sighed. I work at a clothing boutique. Eli, Janet's best friend, owns the store. I started working there part time after I turned 17 and since I'm not going to a university, Eli promoted me to assistant manager with a pay raise and full time hours.

"Oh the things we do for money." Stevie sighed overdramatically.

We both laughed and continued eating the delicious breakfast.

"By the way, I've been meaning to ask you something." She started.

"Yeah?"

"So I have a big, random box of stuff from when I was younger that is still in the trunk of my car. Since I don't have room for it in my room, do you think I could store it in the attic? I wou-"

"No!" I cut her off, hastily. "No one can go in the attic, it's off limits."

Stevie looked at me surprised. I felt the hot anger on my face, I knew I must look a sight. But I don't care. No one is allowed in my attic.

We stared at each other. Stevie's face looked between worried and confused. "Okay." She said softly. "I'm sorry. I promise to never bring it up again."

I nodded, but then thought of how I just snapped at her. "I'm sorry, Stevie. It's just that the attic is...well it's...I don't..."

"It's fine." She smiled at me, making everything seem better.