Here in Your Arms

There was nothing but sorrow and regret that filled Nick's heart. He had locked himself in his childhood bedroom.

                                            (Imagine this as his bedroom with This Beanbag Chair)

"*Sniff* I never even got to say how sorry I was

"*Sniff* I never even got to say how sorry I was. And tell him how much better I've become." Nick softly wailed as he buried is muzzle in his beanbag. He had fond memories of this beanbag, his father got it for him when he was just about 9 years old, he had purposely gotten him a mega sized one and a blue one since it was his favorite color. Nick and his father would spend nights bundled up close together as John would read classic stories to him.

"Nick? Can I come in?" Judy asked behind the locked door. Nick heard her bu was too depressed to reply. There was a long pause.

"Well I'm coming in." Judy said.

"How is she gonna get in here when the doors locked?" Nick wondered as he lay there tears still streaming down his cheeks. The door creaked open and Judy walked in. Nick swiveled his head up quickly and stared at Judy, tears still fresh. 

"Oh Nick." Judy started.

"I didn't want you to see that this got to me Carrots." He said softly.

"I don't care! You're obviously grieving and you shouldn't hide something like that." Judy softly scolded. Nick flinched and burrowed his muzzle in the bean bag chair. Judy sighed and walked up to him and sat down in the bean bag chair, only to sink deep in it, as Nick watched with soft eyes and let out a small chuckle.

"Oh you think that's funny don't ya?" Judy puffed as she struggled to sit up. 

"Well you are a dumb bunny." Nick joked as he reached for her arms and lifted her up and placed her on his stomach.

"But, your my dumb bunny." He added softly. Judy blushed.

"W... well your my sly fox!" She shot back blushing madly. 

"Oh, I'm sly again? Well then how's this for sly?" Nick teased and tackled Judy and tickled her sides as she laughed loudly begging for mercy. 

"Okay okay stop!! Hehe. You know, I'm pretty sure your dad would want you to be happy." Judy said sweetly. Nick thought about what she said, she was right, he would want him to be happy.

"Well I'm already happy. Because I'm with you." Nick pulled her in and she leaned onto his side and held paws. 

"Come on. Your mom is waiting for us, she's got supper ready." Judy beamed as she hopped off the bean bag chair. Nick looked at the bean bag once more, written in marker was, 

"John and Nick Wilde: BFF's"

Nick smiled softly. 

"C'mon Nick!" Judy hollered. Nick looked towards his bedroom door and stood up.

"Coming!" he hollered back and walked out to the living room. The night was fun for the three, they enjoyed a home cooked meal and visited for awhile and soon Judy and Nick left to go home.

"You gonna be alright Slick?" Judy asked as she buckled her seat belt. Nick paused and looked to his side and smiled.

"Yeah I'll be fine." He replied as the drove off.