Chapter Three

First Person POV, George Weasley

I race out the double doors of the Great Hall, one of which is hanging off of its hinges, and the other missing entirely. I head toward the courtyard, because I remember that being where...it happened. Once I'm in the courtyard, I search for the passageway that Fred, Percy, and I were guarding. 

And there, beside Percy, is him.

Fred.

He looks exactly the way I remember him, just like me, but...not. He isn't smiling, and is, well, just about to die, but he's my brother. And he's very much alive.

I have to restrain myself from running over there right now, and instead scan my surroundings. I see Remus and Tonks a few feet away, and my heart pains for them. But right now, I have to save Fred.

"Fred! Look out! Run!" I yell as the wall starts to explode. Fred and Percy dive out of the way, around the corner and right to me. I'm breathing heavily, and I can't tear my eyes away from his face. The face that has haunted my dreams and nightmares for years.

Percy and Fred look over at me. Percy's eyes widen. "Who are you?"

I don't have time to think of a lie, and I certainly can't tell them the truth, but I can't help it anymore. I throw myself at Fred, and he falls to the ground, laughing. I'm sure he can tell who I am...he is my other half, after all.

First Person POV, Fred Weasley

I have no idea who this strange man on top of me is, but he looks an awful lot like George and I can see a chain around his neck. A Time Turner. Bloody brilliant.

I shove him off of me. "What was that for, Georgie?"

He laughs, and his eyes dance with excitement. "I've missed you so much, Fred! You have no idea! I just..." He's still smiling, but he starts to cry, and suddenly it gets a bit awkward. I pat him on the back.

"What happened, George? Why'd you have to come back? Who's life were you saving?" He raises his eyebrows in a Like, duh expression, and I look down at myself. "Oh. Well then." I look up and give him a lopsided grin. "Thanks."

He snorts and takes my hand, pulling me up to my feet. "So, what now? You just going to...stay here forever?" I ask.

His smile disappears. "I never thought about that. How am I supposed to get back?" he asks, more to himself than me. Percy has left, probably to go to the Great Hall. Younger George just stares at his older self, one eyebrow raised. I laugh at his expression, and he punches me lightly in the arm.

But as Older George stands there, gradually growing more and more worried, a brilliant, blindingly bright white light starts to grow around him. I have to shield my eyes, and when the light fades and I lower my hand, my older twin brother is gone.

Normal George looks at me and shrugs. "Well, that was weird."

"Extremely."

First Person POV, George Weasley

The Time Turner must have a time limit, I think as the light spreads around me and the house starts to be built up again. I wonder what the future will be like with Fred. With Fred. Excitement fills my bones. Fred. Fred is back.

Once it's done, I have a look around. The house seems extremely quiet, and when I head into the kitchen, I see an older couple playing wizard's chess. When they see me, the woman screams. "Who are you?"

I stumble backwards. "Sorry, I'm so sorry," and bolt for the door.

I decide to Apparate to Diagon Alley. Fred and I ought to have kept the shop open, even after all these years. The bright gold lettering greets me as I open the door.

Surprisingly, there aren't as many customers, only a few families milling about. I see Fred, an older Fred, on the stairs. I run over to him and give him a huge hug. He looks taken by surprise. "What was that for, Georgie?" The same thing he just said when I saved his life.

"I don't know," I say, smoothing my hair back. "Where's Angelina? I have a few questions for her?"

Fred tilts his head to the side. "Angelina? Angelina who?"

"Angelina Johnson? My wife?"

He raises one eyebrow at me and scoffs. "George, you know Angelina's married to Oliver Wood, right?" He turns away. "Stop dreaming."

The sudden knowledge smacks me in the face. I didn't even recognize that something could be messed up! Angelina...how come? I love her, and she loves me! "What about the kids? Fred and Roxanne?"

"What about them?" Fred asks. I let out a sigh of relief. At least they're still here. "Angelina just said that they were doing well."

My hands tighten into fists. She and Wood had my children? No, this is not right. "How come she didn't marry me?"

Fred turns back to me, leaning with an elbow on the banister. "Seriously, George, are you okay? Do I always have to remind you of your past?" He rolls his eyes. "You stopped paying attention to Angelina after we lost some customers. You pretty much ditched her."

Ditched her? I would never do that! But...obviously, I have, and now I have to fix that. I'll have to tell my younger self not to forget about her. I think I can stop the explosion and do that in about five to ten minutes, right?

I guess I'll have to take my chances.