Chapter Thirteen- Mile High

<<<< VOTE!!! Thanks :) It's not edited yet, but I wanted to give you guys a chapter, sorry it took me so long! Enjoy ;)

 PLEASE comment, I love hearing what you have to say! :D

____________________________________________________________-

It’s official, I was never going to do drugs again. It’s not the fact that I nearly died using them or the illegal and medical repercussions of doing said drugs, it’s that I no longer needed them.  Four weeks of elated euphoria was enough to convince me that someone was slipping medications into my food on a daily basis.

 If it wasn’t for Alec, I would’ve believed it. 

I opened the gothic door leading me outside from my dorm building. A chill lingered in the warming air, reluctant to leave and let spring consume and erase all that winter was. The ground was moist and brown, revealing the toll the ending season took on Mother Earth.  The naked branches emanated a gleam of excitement, waiting for the buds to begin. I walked across the marshy courtyard, peace and relaxation coaxed me through.

“Give me all your money,” a low voice breathed into my neck, holding a blunt object against my back, making me freeze in my tracks.

“You first,” I smiled, turning around and tasting the milky caramel that seeped from his lips. His hands snaked around my waist, pulling me tightly in. Goose bumps flowered down my spine as he pulled away, letting his soft breath linger on my lips.

“Can I walk you to class?” He smiled.

“Please do,” I accepted, taking his hand.  “An umbrella… really?” I asked, looking down at his other hand, “you thought you’d rob someone with a hand sized parasol? You are not cut out for the bad guy business.”

“Or, I’m perfect for the bad guy business. You didn’t know it was an umbrella and if you hadn’t been blindsided by my husky voice and sweet lips, I would’ve walked away with your wallet while you counted your blessings before you even knew what the assault weapon was,” he countered triumphantly.

“Touché.”

“But I would never rob you,” he smiled.

“Aw, I don’t know why that’s so endearing, but thanks, baby.”

“I would probably rob your roommate first, have you seen the amount of cash and credit cards she carries with her?!” He laughed as my fist hit his arm playfully.

“You know what? Go for it. I’m pretty sure that petty theft would turn into a rape,” I giggled, thinking about Danielle in that precarious hypothetical situation.

“That’s awful, Payton! I would never do that!”

“I know you wouldn’t, babe. She would. Speak of the Devil…”

“Pay! Alec,” Danielle’s eyelashes batted more than I would have liked, but who could blame her.

“Hey, D,” Alec smiled. I could practically hear her insides reach boiling point and melt down the walls of her body.

“So, plans for the weekend? There’s this huge party at West Point, you guys should come.”

“Sure,” I smiled. I would never admit it, but going out in public on Alec’s arm gave me almost a high.

“Actually, I can’t,” Alec interjected. “My cousin is having a birthday and I’m going home.”

She looked down at her watch, “Shit, I’m late. Suit yourself, ciao!”

Danielle did that awkward almost run/scuttle thing across the courtyard, disappearing into a stone building.

“You’re going home?” I turned to him.