Chapter One

"I'm going Mum!" I shouted to her downstairs, she wanted me to go on a walk seen as I had been inside for such a long time.

"Hurry up Kathryn! You need some fresh air! screamed my paranoid mother. I grabbed my hat with cat ears and a scarf with gloves attached to it. I ran down the stairs two steps at a time, then began searching for my iPod and Blackberry but I could only find my iPod so I put one earphone in and walked out the front door and up the drive. It was a nice July afternoon and the sun was raining down on my brunette locks. I trotted up the road, my 'cat ears' blowing in the breeze. The walk I decided to do was about an hour long in total, it consisted on passing through a lot of fields.

                   It had been around half an hour when I had gotten to the 4th field and I was listening to My Chemical Romance which had to be one of my favourite bands, but of course I didn't love them as much as One Direction. They took my breath away every time I saw a picture of them or heard them sing. I'd kind of given up on meeting them, my best friends were also obsessed with them, especially Chloe. Chloe managed to bring Harry Styles into every conversation for example if I said 'my hair's going curly!' Chloe's reply would be 'Just like Harry's hair!' Then there were my other friends, Jordan, she liked Niall, Rachel, she liked Louis and my cousin, Becky, she liked Zayn. And then of course there was me, I liked Liam. He was just perfect and we also had quite a lot in common, he could be completely bonkers one minute then the next we can be completely shy, the only problem was I was 15 and he was 18. Anyway I was walking across the field, humming along to MCR's 'Sing', then I saw something that would inevitably change my life forever, at the opening to the road at the end of the field was a body lying deathly still. I sprinted towards the body, my heart being loud in my ears, I had forgotten how fast I was running and tripped over. I landed right on top of the body, I screamed and rolled off. The body was a boy, a teenage boy. I scrambled to my feet and picked up the boys wrist, I pressed my second and third finger into his skin as I held his wrist up, he still had a pulse. I then began to put the boy into the recovery position, which I had been taught at school, this was awfully hard as the boy was pretty heavy. As I moved him into the recovery position, I finally took a glimpse at the boy's and my heart stopped for a few seconds, it was Liam Payne! I couldn't believe it. He looked so helpless, just lying there on the ground.

I supported the back of his head before attempting to say "Li-" I spluttered, I just couldn't say it. "Lia-" I spoke a bit louder but the words just wouldn't come out. "Liam." Yes I did it, "Liam, Liam! LIAM!" I shouted at him, but there was still no movement. I moved my hand away from his head, screamed and backed away. I looked at my hands, they were covered in blood. I looked back at him and saw a huge gash on the back of his head. It looked like whatever happened to him, he had been struck hard on the back of the head.

                    I didn't know what to do, I just sat there for a minute before deciding to call an ambulance, but I remembered that I didn't have my phone. So I decided to see if Liam had a phone. First I searched his jean pockets but all I found was a couple of sweet wrappers and some money. So I checked his jacket pockets and it wasn't there either. I scanned the area around him, then I saw it, his blackberry phone only a few metres away. It was covered in mud, I wiped it cleaned and unlocked before dialling 999. I held the phone to my ear and listened to the dialling tone.

"Police, Paramedics or Fire Service?" said a woman on the other end.

"Paramedics please." I managed to squeak out. Then the woman left and I heard another voice.

"What is the emergency?" said a calm man.

"I have found a teenage boy lying unconscious in a field, he has a severe cut on the back of his head."