Chapter 1

*****************************************************************

Hi everyone this is my first fanfic so I really I hope you like it!
Disclaimer: I do not own any X-Men characters.

*****************************************************************

It was well past midnight, but Logan couldn't seem to fall asleep. He always had problems sleeping, but since Jean's death, it was nearly impossible. After tossing and turning in bed for a couple of hours, which seemed like ages, he decided to go into town for a drink. After wandering for a while and with a little bit of luck he found a bar still open. Hi dropped his bike into the rack, lighting a cigar before walking inside.

The smell of stale beer and cigarette smoke drifted throughout the small place. Packed with people the clientele consisted mostly of middle-aged men drinking their problems away, much like what Logan intended to do himself. Nearly everyone was facing the small stage at the back of the bar where a woman was standing, a microphone stand in front of her.

"Thank you, ladies and gentlemen, for coming here tonight." her voice echoed through the speakers.

She was in her late twenties with shoulder length chocolate coloured hair, wearing ripped jeans with a loose-fitting black t-shirt. Those were the only details Logan observed from where he was standing.

The melody of "Demons" from Imagine Dragons rang out from the speakers as she sang. She had a beautiful voice, but it wasn't enough to keep Logan's attention for long. He was only there to drown his sorrows in a glass of beer, despite knowing it was futile. He turned around and reached for the counter, raising his hand to get the bartender's attention.

"What can I get for you, sir?" the bartender asked.

"A beer," Logan answered.

"Anything in particular?"

"Whatever you've got back there's fine," Logan answered, his voice gruff with impatience

The bartender picked up a glass, pouring beer into it before he placed it in front his customer.

"Here's your drink, sir."

The bartender noticed Logan's stare glued to the stage.

"She's good isn't she?" he said, trying to make conversation.

"She's not bad," Logan replied.

The intensity of the woman's voice had broken through his indifference, surprising him. She sang from her soul like if the song was about her own demons.

"When you feel my heat,
Look
into my eyes.
It's where my demons hide,

Don't get too close,
It
's dark inside.
It
's where my demons hide,
It's where my demons hide."

"What kind of demons could a woman like her have?" he whispered to himself, thinking of his own, as the song ended.

"Thank you again everybody!" the woman thanked the cheering crowd. "Enjoy the rest of your night and I'll see you next week." She waved goodbye and disappeared backstage.

After twenty minutes or so she came out and approached the bar's counter, shrugging a jacket over her small frame.

"Hey girl, you nailed it!" the bartender exclaimed when he saw her coming.

The woman stood just beside Logan, giving him the opportunity to examine her from head to toe. She was pulling her dark hair into a loose ponytail, oblivious to the strange man who couldn't seem to take his eyes off of her. He noticed that her hair wasn't just simply the colour of chocolate, but an array of different warm shades of brown.