Chapter 3

BloodyGrim: This is my third chapter! Just to warn you, you should reread the previous chapter of every chapter I post. ^_^ I edit the previous chapters.

Chapter 3

      Shizuka cried out as Minato and Kushina were stabbed through the chests by Kyuubi's claw. Seeing as she could do nothing else, she used the shadows to hold the Kyuubi till it was absorbed into Naruto.

      The Kyuubi growls in anger as it is dragged into the seal on Naruto's belly. Minato and Kushina both collapse after the Kyuubi is fully sealed. Shizuka catches them before they fell to the ground completely. Tears fall out of her eyes as she watches the life slowly leave their eyes. She lays them down onto the ground gently.

      Minato orders weakly, "Bring Naruto over here. I want to see him for the last time."

      Shizuka nods and carefully takes Naruto from the alter and puts him into Kushina's open arms. They stare lovingly at Naruto. Shizuka slips off her mask so the last thing they see is not a mask. Tears still fall from her eyes as she watches two of her most precious people die.

      Minato, seeing Shizuka cry, pulls her into a hug. "Do not mourn us Shizu. We will always be with you. Though it may not be physical. Kushina and I ask that you do your best to care for son. Make sure that he is strong and an intelligent man. I know this is a lot to ask of you, but I trust your heart. I trust you, my only apprentice. Tell him about his heritage and the Kyuubi when you think he is ready. Protect and guide him Shizuka. We're proud of you."

      Shizuka's eyes widen and she hugs Minato even tighter. Then she pulls back and looks into both of their eyes. Kushina hands Naruto over to her. "Take care of Naruto for me Shizu-chan. Give him my katana when he's an experienced genin. If Kakashi starts to throw himself into his missions. Give him a good whack for me. Take care of your brothers and mother too. Goodbye Shizuka and Naruto."

      Kushina smiles sadly then closes her eyes. All of her life energy is exhausted and her body weak. Minato also smiles and closes his eyes. The barrier falling. Confirming that they have both passed away. 

      Shizuka leans over the two while holding Naruto. A keening sound escapes her lips without her permission. It is the sound an animal makes when abandoned. Shizuka hears foot steps and feels the 3rd Hokage's and two ANBU's chakra. She ceases her keening and quickly puts on her mask. Tears continue to drip from her eyes.

      Shizuka stands up with her back to them, clutching Naruto to her chest like a lifeline. Hiruzen walks up to her but keeps his distance. "What happened Okami?"

      Shizuka reports with a cold voice. Showing how much her emotions were affecting her. "Minato Namikaze and Kushina Uzumaki sacrificed their lives to seal the Kyuubi into Naruto Uzumaki. The son of Kushina. Minato-sama ordered me as a last order to protect, guide, and care for Naruto Uzumaki."

      Shizuka could feel the two ANBU tense with hate and the 3rd Hokage slouching with sadness. One of the ANBU steps closer reaching his hand out to grab Naruto. He did not notice her tense. Hiruzen did though, and he widened his eyes in shock.

      Shifting Naruto to one arm, Shizuka slammed the ANBU into the ground by his neck. She growls threatenly, "You will not touch a hair on his head you poor excuse for a ninja. Nor will either of you tell about his status. Do you understand?" Both of the ANBU freeze from the tone of Shizuka's voice. "I said. Do. You. Understand?!" Both of the ANBU stutter out a "Yes Sir!"

      Shizuka looks to the third Hokage. "Are you taking up the mantle of Hokage again?"

      Sarutobi sighs and nods his head. "Yes I will. Take care of what you need Okami-san. Make sure Naruto is safe healthy too. Then come and meet tomorrow morning. You will be apart of the council meeting as usual, but you will be required to speak."

      Shizuka gives an affimative then shadow teleports away.

BloodyGrim: This chapter is done. I apologize again for late updating.