Chapter 2

Chapter 2

After the bell rang, signaling the end of the school day, I hurried quickly to the detention room.

I happened to be the first one there and I quickly took a seat in the front, Ms. Rivvers, the associate that worked in the front office and also, I'm guessing, the detention teacher, sat at the desk typing on the computer.

I sat there quietly, I felt raw inside, like someone scraped my insides with a plastic, butter knife. I've never been in trouble before, it was a feeling I know knew I hated, a first I didn't need to have, that I really didn't want to have again. I put my head down; my mom was going to kill me.

Five minutes later a bunch of students shuffled into the room, the girls were texting on their cell phones, and the boys, an assortment of jocks, were being rowdy and play fighting. The teacher tried to settle them down and when she finally got them seated detention started.

 The only person that I didn't see was Jack- butt face or, as I learned from two gossiping freshman in the hallway, that his name was Jaime.

A pretty red head girl came and sat next to me, she smiled and put her head phones in her ears and then put her head down.

An hour later we were all out of there. Jaime never showed up and I slowly made my way to the rapidly clearing car park where Scott was supposed to be waiting for me and there was no sight of him, anywhere.

. He always did stuff like this, and today has not been a good day.

A motorcycle pulled into the lot, the driver took off the helmet and his curly hair was all over the place, he pulled out a bag of... What? McDonald's, I think and started walking towards the school.

He got to the school doors and realized they were locked; detention’s been over for an hour. He shrugged and turned around, going to head back for his bike until he spotted me.

He stuffed a bunch of fries in his mouth and grinned and his long legs carried him towards me.

"Hey, detention's over?" He asked popping another French fry in his mouth. I looked at his food longingly; my mouth watered at the smell of crispy French fries, and they were my favorite before I went on a diet. I was especially hungry because all I had for lunch was a measly salad that I didn't even get to finish!

I cleared my throat to get rid of my hungry thoughts. "Clearly it's over; it's been over for nearly an hour!" She was peeved, he's the one that got her the detention in the first place and had the nerve not to show up!

"It was just a question; you don't have to be such a bitch all the time." He said slowly. He turned around and  started walking towards his motorcycle.

I watched him leave, I didn’t stop him. I was upset. Neither Jenna nor Scott was answering their phones. Why should I feel bad? He was a jerk. I heard him rev his engine and he sped out of the parking lot. I sighed; I should definitely start driving my own car. Yes, I had one. I just never drove it because Scott drove me everywhere.

Shoot. I guess I was walking home.

888

When I walked inside the house, I was immediately greeted by the sight of my mother standing at the door looking very stern. She glared at me as I closed the door behind me and I put my head down, hopefully she won’t say anything to me.

I hoped to soon. “Why weren’t you home right after school?” she pestered and my ears turned pink.

“I got a detention.” I muttered, I said it so quietly, I barely even heard it myself.

“What was that?” I knew she knew already because the school had to have called her or something, I think that’s what they do. I had no idea; I’ve never been in trouble before.

“I got a detention.” I said it a little louder this time, she raised her eyebrow.

“You’re grounded for three weeks.” She replied. It wasn’t fair, I mean, the only people I really hung out with were Jenna and Scott but still three weeks!

“I don’t understand why Mother, this is the first time I’ve ever been in trouble!” My face turned red and so did hers.

“Keep it up and I’ll make it a month.” She glared at me and I stomped off.

I walked through the door. Our house was gigantic; my father owned his own construction company and you could say we were well off. I walked past the grand living room, and passed the formal dining room. I made my way up the stairs, till the third floor and I went into my room, the only things on this floor were my bedroom, bathroom, and art room.

I changed my clothes into an old shirt and some shorts that were already paint splattered and went into my art room. I had already begun a new piece, it was sort of a self-portrait but it actually portrayed how I wanted to look. My face was skinnier, my nose was higher, and my eyes were browner in the portrait, traits I wished I had in real life.

I loved the arts. My parents thought it was just a hobby that I would grow out of. They wanted me to be a lawyer or a doctor, and I could if I wanted to. I had a high grade point average and I was already getting letters from Harvard and Yale. I didn’t want to do that though, but I couldn’t tell my parents that.

I painted for hours, until the intercom buzzed and Gregory, our butler, informed me that dinner was ready.

888

I didn’t see Jaime for the next three days at school. He just never showed up. I couldn’t help but feel a little concerned, what if he fell off his bike after I yelled at him and he’s lying in a ditch somewhere dying by himself.

I went through the day hoping to spot a head of curly black hair or see his earing glint in the light. Anything, so I know he’s not dead and it’s not my fault.

888

Jamie sped through the streets, past the elegant mansions of the rich and wealthy and past modest homes of the middle class, until he started seeing graffiti and broken bottles.

He parked into the garage of the only decent condominium building in all of downtown east View.

Climbing the stairs and entering the key in the many locks, placed on to his door for protection, he unlocked the door and examined the area around him. This was home for the next year. There were two rooms, a bathroom, and a tiny bedroom that could only barely fit his king sized bed and a dresser, and then there was the living room and kitchen that were combined into one.

He threw down his jacket the lumpy sofa and turned on his big screen television, the only thing, aside from his big, bed that he allowed himself to buy. He flicked the channels until he ended up on the sports.

He sat lounging in the droopy, lumpy couch until twelve at night, just flicking threw the channels until something interesting popped up.

When the clock struck around twelve he bounced up and went into his bedroom and changed his clothes, tonight he was going fighting, he just has to find a club.

______

Not Edited.

Please vote and comment if you enjoyed this chapter.